Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Dec 10, 2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Mr. Durden
macrumors 6502a

Photoshop Layer Comp moving layers. Help?!

I'm ready to pull my hair out on this one. I've tried everything I know of and still, this problem persists...

I have a PSD document with pretty heavy use of Layer Comps. But, the layer comps do not seem to be consistent with where they place items.

For example, lets say you have a vertical line that LAYER COMP A uses, and it needs to be moved to the right 2 px. I move it, hit refresh on the layer comp and all seems well. However, if I cycle through all the layer comps, when i get back to LAYER COMP A, it is no longer in its new position (right 2 px), it is now back to its original position.

To make it worse, it only happens if I cycle through several other layer comps. If I only cycle through two or three others, and then go back to LAYER COMP A, its fine (usually). Aaargh!

Anyone else seen this and know how to fix it? Please, please for the love of all thats good, please help.

PS. Hope I explained it well enough...
Mr. Durden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 05:25 PM   #2
Kwill
macrumors 68000

Click the "Position" checkbox in the new layer comp dialog box.

@ClinicalPosters
Kwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Mr. Durden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
Click the "Position" checkbox in the new layer comp dialog box.
Thank you for the response. I have made sure that only "visibility" is checked in each comp and the problem remains. I originally had the Position option checked, but because of other issues, i went back through and turned it off. It seems as if there are remnants of the original position that makes it always want to go back to its original location... puzzling
Mr. Durden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:00 PM   #4
jcitizen
macrumors newbie

Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Durden View Post
Thank you for the response. I have made sure that only "visibility" is checked in each comp and the problem remains. I originally had the Position option checked, but because of other issues, i went back through and turned it off. It seems as if there are remnants of the original position that makes it always want to go back to its original location... puzzling
I call glitch on this one. Had the same problem and it is really frustrating.
jcitizen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:26 PM   #5
bengriffin
macrumors newbie

Had the same problem as well. Selecting 'position' in the layer comps menu fixed it for me, but I had to do it for each layer comp.
bengriffin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics