Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1
mikeheenan
macrumors 6502

Handbrake audio question

When I do handbrake conversions, I typically do pass through's on audio. When I load up the video in VLC, and check the audio tracks, it'll say "surround" or stereo instead of whatever it was in Handbrake. This gets a bit confusing if I have a DVD I want to convert with multiple tracks (commentary, dts, dd, etc). Any help would be appreciated thanks!
mikeheenan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Menneisyys2
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeheenan View Post
When I do handbrake conversions, I typically do pass through's on audio. When I load up the video in VLC, and check the audio tracks, it'll say "surround" or stereo instead of whatever it was in Handbrake. This gets a bit confusing if I have a DVD I want to convert with multiple tracks (commentary, dts, dd, etc). Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Use Subler to give the tracks a human-readable name. Just open the file, click the name and rename it:

Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:23 PM   #3
mikeheenan
macrumors 6502

Perfect... thanks!
mikeheenan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video