Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1
skennedy18
macrumors newbie

IOS 7 battery problems

Hey I'm on ios7 beta 6 and im still having battery problems. My phone will turn off at 80% and then the drained battery sign will come up. If i wait a couple minutes it will go back to normal. After a couple minutes it will shut off and go back to the drained battery screen. If i plug it in the charger, it will go back to being normal for a while and then it goes back to the normal problem. Does anyone know of anything that can help. I have been suffering with this problem for the last couple days
skennedy18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2
ajay96
macrumors 6502

Did you try a restore yet? That's what usually gets rid of some problems.
ajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3
C DM
macrumors G5

Aside from restarting, clearing all settings, and perhaps restoring, have you tried going back to iOS 6 to see if you are still experiencing these kinds of issues (as it seems likely that it could be some sort of battery/hardware type of issue too)?
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:29 PM   #4
skennedy18
macrumors newbie

Can i just click the restore button and will it restore and still be on ios7 beta 6
skennedy18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Magaman
macrumors regular

Battery on my iPhone has been fine, but beta 6 has killed my iPad battery life.
Magaman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:22 PM   #6
iphonehype
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by skennedy18 View Post
Hey I'm on ios7 beta 6 and im still having battery problems. My phone will turn off at 80% and then the drained battery sign will come up. If i wait a couple minutes it will go back to normal. After a couple minutes it will shut off and go back to the drained battery screen. If i plug it in the charger, it will go back to being normal for a while and then it goes back to the normal problem. Does anyone know of anything that can help. I have been suffering with this problem for the last couple days
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Aside from restarting, clearing all settings, and perhaps restoring, have you tried going back to iOS 6 to see if you are still experiencing these kinds of issues (as it seems likely that it could be some sort of battery/hardware type of issue too)?

This. If you are still experiencing issues, email my Dad Tim Cook at tcook@apple.com.

Say to him you are not a developer and your are experiencing problems with a Beta operating system. I am sure he will understand your frustration and throw you an free dictionary.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Smwdesigns
macrumors member

Battery

Last night my phone had about 96% of battery before I went to bed. I woke up at 8 today and it had about 79%. I'm running iOS7 beta 6. Is that normal to lose that much battery? I don't think I've ever lost that much battery percentage overnight when I was on iOS6. Oh and I have an iPhone 5, if that matters.
Smwdesigns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smwdesigns View Post
Last night my phone had about 96% of battery before I went to bed. I woke up at 8 today and it had about 79%. I'm running iOS7 beta 6. Is that normal to lose that much battery? I don't think I've ever lost that much battery percentage overnight when I was on iOS6. Oh and I have an iPhone 5, if that matters.
If it was on iOS 6 that is not normal but since you are iOS 7 betas that is normal. The battery gauge is not reading the battery correctly. It's possibly that your battery is getting old maybe.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:52 AM   #9
Smwdesigns
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanbaseball2 View Post
If it was on iOS 6 that is not normal but since you are iOS 7 betas that is normal. The battery gauge is not reading the battery correctly. It's possibly that your battery is getting old maybe.
I have an iPhone 5. I got the phone in mid-April of this year.
Smwdesigns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smwdesigns View Post
I have an iPhone 5. I got the phone in mid-April of this year.
iOS 7 betas are to blame. Your battery is fine. Try a restart of the iPhone and see it if goes back up to a higher percent.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7