Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1
skennedy18
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
IOS 7 battery problems

Hey I'm on ios7 beta 6 and im still having battery problems. My phone will turn off at 80% and then the drained battery sign will come up. If i wait a couple minutes it will go back to normal. After a couple minutes it will shut off and go back to the drained battery screen. If i plug it in the charger, it will go back to being normal for a while and then it goes back to the normal problem. Does anyone know of anything that can help. I have been suffering with this problem for the last couple days
skennedy18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2
ajay96
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Did you try a restore yet? That's what usually gets rid of some problems.
ajay96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3
C DM
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Aside from restarting, clearing all settings, and perhaps restoring, have you tried going back to iOS 6 to see if you are still experiencing these kinds of issues (as it seems likely that it could be some sort of battery/hardware type of issue too)?
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:29 PM   #4
skennedy18
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Can i just click the restore button and will it restore and still be on ios7 beta 6
skennedy18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Magaman
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Battery on my iPhone has been fine, but beta 6 has killed my iPad battery life.
Magaman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:22 PM   #6
iphonehype
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skennedy18 View Post
Hey I'm on ios7 beta 6 and im still having battery problems. My phone will turn off at 80% and then the drained battery sign will come up. If i wait a couple minutes it will go back to normal. After a couple minutes it will shut off and go back to the drained battery screen. If i plug it in the charger, it will go back to being normal for a while and then it goes back to the normal problem. Does anyone know of anything that can help. I have been suffering with this problem for the last couple days
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Aside from restarting, clearing all settings, and perhaps restoring, have you tried going back to iOS 6 to see if you are still experiencing these kinds of issues (as it seems likely that it could be some sort of battery/hardware type of issue too)?


This. If you are still experiencing issues, email my Dad Tim Cook at tcook@apple.com.

Say to him you are not a developer and your are experiencing problems with a Beta operating system. I am sure he will understand your frustration and throw you an free dictionary.
__________________
MacBook Pro with Retina Display iPad Air iPhone 5s 32GB Apple TV Time Capsule in my heart
iphonehype is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Smwdesigns
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Battery

Last night my phone had about 96% of battery before I went to bed. I woke up at 8 today and it had about 79%. I'm running iOS7 beta 6. Is that normal to lose that much battery? I don't think I've ever lost that much battery percentage overnight when I was on iOS6. Oh and I have an iPhone 5, if that matters.
Smwdesigns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040
 
Zmanbaseball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smwdesigns View Post
Last night my phone had about 96% of battery before I went to bed. I woke up at 8 today and it had about 79%. I'm running iOS7 beta 6. Is that normal to lose that much battery? I don't think I've ever lost that much battery percentage overnight when I was on iOS6. Oh and I have an iPhone 5, if that matters.
If it was on iOS 6 that is not normal but since you are iOS 7 betas that is normal. The battery gauge is not reading the battery correctly. It's possibly that your battery is getting old maybe.
__________________
-iPhone 5 16GB Black; iPod Touch 5 32GB Blue; iPad Air 32GB Wifi White
-MacBook 2.2GHz i7 Mid 2014
Zmanbaseball2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:52 AM   #9
Smwdesigns
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanbaseball2 View Post
If it was on iOS 6 that is not normal but since you are iOS 7 betas that is normal. The battery gauge is not reading the battery correctly. It's possibly that your battery is getting old maybe.
I have an iPhone 5. I got the phone in mid-April of this year.
Smwdesigns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040
 
Zmanbaseball2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smwdesigns View Post
I have an iPhone 5. I got the phone in mid-April of this year.
iOS 7 betas are to blame. Your battery is fine. Try a restart of the iPhone and see it if goes back up to a higher percent.
__________________
-iPhone 5 16GB Black; iPod Touch 5 32GB Blue; iPad Air 32GB Wifi White
-MacBook 2.2GHz i7 Mid 2014
Zmanbaseball2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS 7 drains battery faster than iOS 6 Merkie iOS 7 86 Sep 22, 2013 04:50 PM
iOS 6 beta 2 battery usage problems Snackbardan iOS 6 4 Jul 1, 2012 07:48 AM
iOS 4.5.1 - dock and battery problems radicaldog iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Jun 29, 2012 10:00 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC