Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:33 PM   #101
ChazUK
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmania View Post
Whether you liked it or not it was held back from the iPhone 4, rendering your assertion that you get two years with full iOS updates moot. By the way, I did not and do not find Siri useless. Granted I think Google Now is a bit better but that is besides the point.

It's also a fact that it happened a year after the 3GS was released when iOS 4 came out too: no multitasking support, no task switcher, no orientation lock, no lock-screen wallpaper, and no bluetooth keyboard support.

Michael
The one that always sticks in my mind was leaving out mms on the original iPhone.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1141...one2G_mms.html

Even back the the sympathisers justified it and we're proven inherently wrong by the jailbreak community. Not much has changed since then sadly.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:42 PM   #102
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
The one that always sticks in my mind was leaving out mms on the original iPhone.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1141...one2G_mms.html

Even back the the sympathisers justified it and we're proven inherently wrong by the jailbreak community. Not much has changed since then sadly.
Oh and let's not forget that you can lose functionality too!

Apple foisted their on maps on iPhone 4 users but they do not even get the privilege of having the one feature that might make it worth it: turn-by-turn navigation. Priceless. (I would have mentioned the lack of Flyover for the iPhone 4 but I figure not too many folks fly around like Superman and would get any use out of it.)

Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:50 PM   #103
ChazUK
macrumors 603

Quote:
Oh and let's not forget that you can lose functionality too!

Apple foisted their on maps on iPhone 4 users but they do not even get the privilege of having the one feature that might make it worth it: turn-by-turn navigation. Priceless. (I would have mentioned the lack of Flyover for the iPhone 4 but I figure not too many folks fly around like Superman and would get any use out of it.)

Michael
You don't fly around like Superman?

Okay...

/backs away slowly....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:37 PM   #104
rillrill
macrumors 6502

I'd be surprised if most of the negative comments about the nexus 4 have any weight at all considering the phone is a rarity right now. But, since I own one, I can say these comments are wrong and short sided. This phone is a giant **** you to the cell carriers. If could Google can get the states on to a European model it would be a god send. **** lte if it means I have to be gouged by these *******s.
rillrill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:40 PM   #105
mankar4
macrumors 6502a

If it had LTE I would have bought it in a second.
mankar4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:42 PM   #106
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankar4 View Post
It (kind of) does if you live in Canada.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:46 PM   #107
Tinmania
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankar4 View Post
That's like saying "if she was 2 pounds lighter I would have married her in a second."

Michael
Tinmania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:57 PM   #108
Vegastouch
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
I'm guessing this question was originally posted on one of the iPhone forums given the responses.
Yeah looks that way. Lame fanboy responses all around. LOL, someone even said the build quality was better on the iPhone 5.
Vegastouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:46 PM   #109
mankar4
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
That's like saying "if she was 2 pounds lighter I would have married her in a second."

Michael
Weight is a continuous variable while LTE is binary. Its more like saying "if she was skinny I would have married her in a second"
mankar4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:45 PM   #110
sotorious
macrumors 6502

Came from ip4 to a n4. Done eating apples on to the dirty junk foods!
sotorious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:52 PM   #111
walie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
It (absolutely) does if you live in Canada.
fixed that for you
walie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices