Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abermin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
lightbox

I can't swipe the WIFI on on iPhone 4S... I tried Resetting the Network Settings, but WIFI functionality is still dead. Any suggestions or solutions?

iphone46

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Hi, thanks for the message.

Yes, it is iOS6. I've just tried Resetting all Settings, but it didn't work. Could you tell me how to restore the iOS?

1)Download iTunes(latest version) and install
2) Plug in 4S to computer
NOTE:THIS WILL ERASE ALL INFO FROM THEIPHONE
3)Press Restore
4)Software will download and install on 4S(do NOT unplug your phone during the restore)

jamaggic

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
SC, thank God
This is an uncorrectable corruption in ios6.01 when you upgraded.... myself and one friend both had this issue, luckily the phones were still under apple care and Apple Store exchanged for new 4S no problem

Abermin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
This is an uncorrectable corruption in ios6.01 when you upgraded.... myself and one friend both had this issue, luckily the phones were still under apple care and Apple Store exchanged for new 4S no problem

Next time it happens, maybe I should just take my phone to the apple store. Thanks for the message.

Abermin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
It's happened again! And this time restoring the blooming thing won't work. I've tried 5 times. it's 3 am and i can't sleep because I'm wound up.

Taking the phone back to the store and will be demanding a refund. this phone with the ios6.0.1 is useless.

Abermin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Yes. They'll replace it.
It's clearly a hardware issue with that wifi module.

Won't a replacement iphone 4s with ios 6.0.1 have the same problem? this is driving me mad. I think I'll ask for my money back and buy an android or windows phone.

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Won't a replacement iphone 4s with ios 6.0.1 have the same problem? this is driving me mad. I think I'll ask for my money back and buy an android or windows phone.

As long as you are within your return period you'll be fine. However, there's millions of iPhone 4S on 6.0.1/6.0.2 without this issue, it really does sound like a hardware issue.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Why would a replacement have the same problem?
You think all 4S models on 6.0.1 cannot use wifi?
Up to you whatever you want to do though. its your money, your choice.

Perhaps a rouge app. OP are you jailbroken?

Currently there is no JB for an iphone 4S on 6.0.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.