Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
Yes i tried the terminal command for emptying my trash but stil doesnt work, i thought all are empty this morning, but when i put my exHD the files that i want to delete forever are still there, actuaally this files was not properly copyed in my exHD due to interuption like it eject my exHD with out any reason that is why, i dont know why or maybe my keyboard is not enough power to supply that is why it ejects in the middle of transfering batch files, now i tried to put my exHD at the back (usb) port of my imac and the transfering of data is smothly goin nice, my only concern now is how to delete forever those files that was intrupted.

You never told us (before) that his was an external ntfs drive.

When you used disk utility, did you reformat the drive to GUID?

If you did do so, the files should not be in the trash unless the came from your internal drive. The previous commands I gave you assumed that these files were from your internal drive.

You can always try this:

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/xxxxx/.Trash/*

where xxxxx is your external volume name.

If that doesn't work, reformat the drive.

Merl1n

stuart2102

macrumors regular
May 29, 2011
You never told us (before) that his was an external ntfs drive.

When you used disk utility, did you reformat the drive to GUID?

If you did do so, the files should not be in the trash unless the came from your internal drive. The previous commands I gave you assumed that these files were from your internal drive.

You can always try this:

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/xxxxx/.Trash/*

where xxxxx is your external volume name.

If that doesn't work, reformat the drive.

Merl1n

Yes again i tried this last options found in the internet when i was searching but still didnt work so what i did is i reformat my exHD yesterday hehehe anyways thanks guys for the rply i appreciate it a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.