|Nov 29, 2012, 09:39 PM||#1|
iPhone - Poor ergonomics
I have bought every generation of iPhone, but it wasn't until I bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2, that I realized how poor the iPhone's design/ergonomics were.
Here are some ergonomic issues:
1. Two handed use sucks. Impossible to use with two-hands in most instances, like FPS games.
2. Placement of power button is awful. When I pick the phone up, my thumb is naturally on the side, exactly where the power button is on the S3. iphone's placement on the top was because they were lazy and just copied the ipod.
3. The volume buttons are too small and too easily pushed. I have pushed the volume up button, when I meant to hit the volume down button. You have to look to see which button is which. If there was a long rocker arm, you would always know if you were hitting volume up or down.
4. The single home button, with no 'back' or 'menu' buttons on the left and right of the physical home button is not a good idea. You have to constantly hit the home button over and over again, just to do simple tasks, like close apps or get into another app.
5. No way to take off the back cover and remove the battery in order to use an SD card or multiple SIM cards, so I can easily move large multi-gigabytes of data from a computer to my phone.
6. Hold switch is badly built. often fails and falls off. a physical hold button isn't needed.
7. No notification light or way to silently give you visual notifications.
iPhone is simply too tiny, but good if you are a small person with small hands. Bigger phones by Android and WP's are just better sized.
|Nov 29, 2012, 09:53 PM||#3|
1. Not true or just personal preference.
2. Personal preference and the phone isn't exactly that big or tall that you can't easily reach it like on some android phones.
3. Small, yeah a bit but definitely not easily pushed.
5. How is this related to ergonomics?
6. Hold switch? What is that?
7. refer to number 5
Be honest, did you start this thread because of the Galaxy Note 2 - poor ergonomics thread?
|Nov 29, 2012, 09:55 PM||#4|
I found the sharp edges of the iPhone unpleasant and doesn't conform well in the hand. Often times, its difficult to pick up when laying on a flat surface as well.
Jailbroken iPhone 3G -> Jailbroken iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy Note II
|Nov 29, 2012, 10:06 PM||#6|
|Nov 29, 2012, 10:11 PM||#7|
My 4S is unpleasant in one hand, much worse with a case. The 5 would be better for me. I don't exactly have pianist hands.
Powered by OSX 10.9 Ocelot
Will someone please make a safari extension that gives us back the downvote button?
|Nov 29, 2012, 10:14 PM||#8|
|Nov 29, 2012, 11:27 PM||#10|
|Nov 30, 2012, 01:13 AM||#13|
In two threads I've read that the phone is hard to pick up, and that it's hard to type on the iPhone because you have to keep lifting your thumbs up. Honestly, what kind of sub-humans are posting this tosh?
I get the feeling you're criticising for the heck of it.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.