Will this monitor setup work? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1
roundfigure
macrumors newbie

Will this monitor setup work?

Searched a lot and tried to suss out the answer myself, but the Mac mini monitor situation seems surprisingly complicated. So I'm just going to ask straight out: I want to get a new Mac mini i7 and connect it to this monitor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008M08SN6/

with this cable:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TSTDHQ/

Will this work? Will I be able to view full 2560x1440 resolution with this setup? Thanks for your help.
roundfigure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:41 PM   #2
roundfigure
macrumors newbie

So can I assume from all the silence that my question was extremely facile and has an obvious answer? Hopefully that answer is yes? I just want to make sure I'm not running afoul of the many monitor compatibility issues that seem to be out there. And I certainly don't mind being told I've asked something too obvious. Come on, gang; punch me in the face with honesty.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:53 PM   #3
iPhil
macrumors 68030

Location: A$$hat free location,and helping Mac bring back teh sexy-ness era back
Send a message via AIM to iPhil
You want a short answer? Yes - TB (ThunderBolt/DisplayPort) will support up to 2560*1600 screen resolution ..
iPhil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:49 AM   #4
roundfigure
macrumors newbie

Great! Many thanks.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini