Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
I used MakeMKV to rip Harry Potter to my HTPC. I am then using handbrake to encode to another mkv to make the file size a little smaller, but handbrake never finishes the encodes. When I check it in the morning (take about 10 hours to rip), Handbrake is no longer running and my encodes does not exist. When I check the log, for example, is just ends at chapter 26 and nothing. I have tried this with a couple MakeMKV files with the same result. I have had success with single chapters (as I was testing quality and sound settings) but not with the entire movie.

I have read through this forum and many others and I have seen anyone else experience the same thing.

Any suggestions? Many Thanks!

Happening to me too. Spent 2 hours ripping the MKV file for Star Wars, then 3 hours converting to mkv, and when I woke, the file was gone. Tried again the next night, set the path to my desktop. I even saw the file as it was encoding. But when it was done, there was no file. Too much time for that nonsense. I'll stick to Vudu D2D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.