Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you make New Year Resolutions

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
My resolution is to put more time into figuring out what I want to do with my life. I will graduate in spring of 2014 with a degree in interpersonal and occupational communication. I'm 21 and I have a girlfriend of almost 5 years. We plan on getting married after graduating, but not having a secure financial future and the bleak job market coming out of college with a degree that some feel is "useless" is worrying me.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
resolution.png

http://xkcd.com/1154/

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
This will be my first new years resolution, and as over done and cliched as it is, I shall be trying to get fit.

I was doing pretty well last year until I went on holiday to magaluf with some lads and just didn't exercise again after that!

Also would like to read more if I can find the time.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Save some money up.
To buy a 15" MBP.
To get better with Spanish.

Not too sure what else. :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I was doing pretty well last year until I went on holiday to magaluf with some lads and just didn't exercise again after that!

If you're going to make a resolution, don't think of it as an "I missed a day so better luck next year". It needs to be like eating... if you miss a meal you don't go "Oh well, better luck next year" and not eat anymore.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This will be my first new years resolution, and as over done and cliched as it is, I shall be trying to get fit.

Also would like to read more if I can find the time.

I would have thought you would have got plenty of 'exercise' on a lads holiday in Magaluf!:D

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
If you're going to make a resolution, don't think of it as an "I missed a day so better luck next year". It needs to be like eating... if you miss a meal you don't go "Oh well, better luck next year" and not eat anymore.

I didn't make any resolutions last year. In march I decided to lose some weight, I lost some, went away for 2 weeks where I didn't exercise and after that I didn't get round to continuing to run...

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I would recommend you watch that show. Since you Googled it, I'm sure you know what its about, but I think it's an awesome show!

Is that what a novelist life is like? Sex, Drugs, Partying, and chaos in personal life? :rolleyes: If so, sign me up! :D

Well, I hate to disappoint you... :cool:

Ap0ks

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2008
Cambridge, UK
I don't really make resolutions, but this coming year I definitely need to stop bloody procrastinating and actually finish things ;)

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
I started my NYR the day after Christmas and that is to become frugal as hell. Looking back over the last year, I've spent well over $6,500 just on eating out and going to bars and clubs. My bar tabs always look like a car payment at the end of the night. :eek: I guess that is the one downside of being too social and going out three or four nights a week; it's not cheap.

I've always justified it by telling myself that I'm single and have no wife or kids to look after but the way I blow through money is beyond ridiculous. And that number doesn't count all the Apple stuff I'm always upgrading, nor my random visits to the mall for new clothes, or my Amazon.com addiction. Ugh.

Oh the First World problems. :D

My resolution is - work less; live more!

Last edited by a moderator:

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
I don't, but if I did it would probably be something along the lines of not spending too much on Apple products with the money I have been making for college stuff at Walmart.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I resolve not to make any resolutions for 2013 because I never keep them.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
45lbs how often do you use it and for how long? That seems like a big lose to me.

51lbs now. 19 weeks.

I am a self employed Graphic Designer and work from home, I mostly do motion graphics and whenever i hit render on my mac i go sit on the bike.

I average around 2-3 hours per day and have been consuming 1200 calories a day, still 3 meals a day, just healthier choices and I still take the day off once a week and do no biking and have a 'treat' for my evening meal, like a chinese take out or something similar.

I record all my meals on an iPhone app called myfitnesspal, its great and allows you to scan barcodes from your food to enter into your diary.

Once I am down to my ideal weight I am going to cut the cardio down a little and start with strength exercises and build a little muscle and tone it.

I am in the best shape now than I have been for the past 10 years and I put it all down to leaving my job and going self employed.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
51lbs now. 19 weeks.

I am a self employed Graphic Designer and work from home, I mostly do motion graphics and whenever i hit render on my mac i go sit on the bike.

I average around 2-3 hours per day and have been consuming 1200 calories a day, still 3 meals a day, just healthier choices and I still take the day off once a week and do no biking and have a 'treat' for my evening meal, like a chinese take out or something similar.

I record all my meals on an iPhone app called myfitnesspal, its great and allows you to scan barcodes from your food to enter into your diary.

Once I am down to my ideal weight I am going to cut the cardio down a little and start with strength exercises and build a little muscle and tone it.

I am in the best shape now than I have been for the past 10 years and I put it all down to leaving my job and going self employed.
You must be really fit! I've only got to lose 32 lbs to reach my ideal weight. I'm doing about 30 minutes on the cross trainer a day and eating around 1500 calories a day. No days of the diet. But I don't exercise at the weekends much. Keep up the good work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.