Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Sep 4, 2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Debs1203
macrumors newbie

I grabber - sound not matching picture

Hi, I have the ClimaxDigital Igrabber - I am trying to transfer Hi8 tapes from a Sony camcorder to my Mac - the picture is great but the sound doesn't match the picture - when people talk the sound isn't in time with their lips. Can anyone PLEASE explain why this is or does anyone have any idea how to fix it PLEASE ??? Desperate Deb
Debs1203 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 06:33 AM   #2
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

Could you please be a bit more pacific. Were are you transfering your video too?
iMovie, FCP7 0r X
Sorry i dont know the software you are using (Climate.....)
If you are using the correct software Movie or FCP your camcorder should be connected and you should not need a third party software?
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Debs1203
macrumors newbie

I use the I grabber to transfer them from the camcorder to my Mac OS X onto my desktop then import them into iMovie - sometimes the pictures and sound match and sometimes they don't - it's driving me mad ! PLEASE HELP!!!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 02:00 PM   #4
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

Why not connect your camcorder to iMovie and then transfer. Should be no problem if your camcorder is compatible with your software.
Why are you using a third party software?
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Debs1203
macrumors newbie

Thank you for taking the time to help me - how do I transfer it straight into iMovie? I have just tried and failed! The I Grabber is plugged in to my iMac and the camera is turned on - when I click on the 'import from camera' it doesn't pick it up - what am I doing wrong?
PLEASE HELP! Debs

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video