Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Since I have installed it there has been a few days where it will not download the podcast and I get a "download error, tap to retry" message. Never had this issue prior to upgrading and now twice in one week.

Add to the list I guess.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
The only thing that fixes this is doing a reboot by holding the home and power buttons. Clearly a bug. The podcasts app needs work. Guess I need to find another one. Ideas?

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
The only thing that fixes this is doing a reboot by holding the home and power buttons. Clearly a bug. The podcasts app needs work. Guess I need to find another one. Ideas?

i have received that before, I did not do a hard reset to fix it, I just canceled and retried the download and it worked.

btw that is not a very good way to reset your phone

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
nearly every major podcast app in the store has gotten a iOS 7 UI update. the major players are: instacast, downcast, and pocket casts. while pocket cast was the 3rd ranked player in the ios 6 generation IMHO and many other review opinion it now takes the lead in features and ease of use with the nicest, most ios 7 like interface of all them. ALL OF THEM ARE BETTER THAN Apple's Podcast app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.