Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Wirelessly posted

I have a document that I want a shortcut to, eg an app icon click on it as it is shown on the iPhone for it to open. It's a shift planner so always checking etc.

Is this possible? At the moment it's on an email, I have to open email, search, click message, click link in email. I had an S3 before my iPhone 5 and had a shortcut to it on my home screen. Is this possible?

Thanks

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Wirelessly posted

I've just found an app, Icon Project that allows you to make icons and shortcuts, but I'm unsure that it now works on iOS6. You have do quick settings to WiFi, BT etc, but the reviews are to suggest that it now is disabled in iOS6.

This would have been great until iOS adds proper shortcuts. Anything like this thy works on iPhone 5 and iOS6?

Cheers

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Wirelessly posted

Interstella5555 said:
This is an internet link? Just add a shortcut to the home screen if so.
I want to link to a document that I have direct from my home screen.

No I know you can put shortcuts to web sites but I want settings etc. if you look at icon project you could so this but recent reviews say you now can't.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Wirelessly posted

I want to link to a document that I have direct from my home screen.

No I know you can put shortcuts to web sites but I want settings etc. if you look at icon project you could so this but recent reviews say you now can't.

No, as far as I know what you're describing isn't possible. If you have to go through your email it doesn't sound like you actually have the document,, I'd suggest google drive or dropbox.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Really, the only way that you can do this is to put the file somewhere on a web site somewhere (perhaps on a service like Dropbox), and to then add a shortcut to the document on that web site to the home screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.