Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolMacDude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I am running beta 6 and when I am on the home screen and pull down the search menu it gives me the box and allows me to type, but doesn't show results. Anybody with a similar problem?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Are you really surprised that a beta software is malfunctioning?

These kinds of posts are really getting tiresome and aren't helpful. There's nothing wrong about asking if others are experiencing an issue, as long as you aren't complaining/whining about it.

OP, sorry, spotlight has always worked for me. Just some lag on occasion.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I am running beta 6 and when I am on the home screen and pull down the search menu it gives me the box and allows me to type, but doesn't show results. Anybody with a similar problem?

Go to settings > spot light search and make sure the type of items you are searching for are checked.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

You tell 'em Mr. Guy! Everyone knows that bugs aren't actually software based, they're calendar based! Any bug in the betas will be magically gone on the day iOS7 goes public! So don't bother reporting them!

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL

When there are people claiming that this beta is good enough to be the GM, yes, we are allowed to be surprised when this stuff is broken this close to release.

That being said, this is the first I've ever heard of this issue myself. Reboot?

Force42

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2015
I am running IOS 8.1.2 - on iphone 5 and the issue of the "pull down search function" not working keeps re-occurring....
- the only fix is to reboot the iphone - a real pain, but I have found no other solution.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.