Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1
mac jones
macrumors 68040

Bullettrain eXpress Keyboard/trackpad thingy

Just got one of these. $79US (Ouch).

It holds both the Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, converting them into a notebook 'like' external keyboard. (A notebook without the screen part). There are many other contraptions to combine the two, but this is the best-hands down.

First thing I thought when I opened that box- worth the $$$. Really nice accessory if you want something like this. It produces the finest external wireless keyboard there ever has been.

It used to be aluminum, but is plastic now, and costs almost half. It also use to 'not' be flush, which is to say, the new one is, so it must be an improvement.

Just a heads up.

(Just a consumer, no connection).
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2013, 05:06 AM   #2
drsox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac jones View Post
Just got one of these. $79US (Ouch).

It holds both the Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, converting them into a notebook 'like' external keyboard. (A notebook without the screen part). There are many other contraptions to combine the two, but this is the best-hands down.

First thing I thought when I opened that box- worth the $$$. Really nice accessory if you want something like this. It produces the finest external wireless keyboard there ever has been.

It used to be aluminum, but is plastic now, and costs almost half. It also use to 'not' be flush, which is to say, the new one is, so it must be an improvement.

Just a heads up.

(Just a consumer, no connection).
Just bought one. Now to see when it arrives.
This should allow me to use an iMac instead of a laptop.
Why ? Because this will keep the trackpad flat and mimic the MBA laptop arrangement.
With bad hands, I can't use a mouse or a conventional trackpad.

What I would really like is a MBA that has a detachable screen (so I can use just the kbd etc. This hopefully is the next best arrangement.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals