Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1
sine-nomine
macrumors regular

iTunes Match wants me to re-add my computer...

So for the last week or so, I've been waiting (and waiting) for iTunes Match to finish uploading a few thousand songs. Everything was going along slowly but surely. I'd sleep my MacBook when I needed to take it with me, and Match would resume from where it left off with no problem when I woke it up...until this evening. I woke up the laptop after getting home from work only to have iTunes tell me it had encountered an error and that I needed to sign out of the iTunes store and sign back in.

Well, I did that, but when I signed back into the store, Match asked me if I wanted to add this computer, warning me that it would un-match the "other computer" and match this one instead. The problem is, there is no other computer, there is only this one that Match now doesn't seem to recognize, even though it's listed when I manage my devices in my iCloud account.

Anyone ever have this happen? I seriously do not want to have to start matching all over again - it was nearly finished after working for over a week, and there's no way I'm waiting for that to all be done a second time...

Any advice?
sine-nomine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:52 AM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Just add the machine. It will indeed run again but it may have already uploaded most of your tracks.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod