Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zerching

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Hello!

I recently used my MBP until the battery died out, mostly due to the fact that left it on whilst i took a shower. Now, when i come out, i try to charge the computer. but it just stays green. Nothing happens at all! I try turning it on, but the battery is at such a low amount that it does not even do that. The lights on the side are still flashing, so i assume that just means my battery isn't toast yet. Could someone possibly tell me what is wrong with my computer?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hello!

I recently used my MBP until the battery died out, mostly due to the fact that left it on whilst i took a shower. Now, when i come out, i try to charge the computer. but it just stays green. Nothing happens at all! I try turning it on, but the battery is at such a low amount that it does not even do that. The lights on the side are still flashing, so i assume that just means my battery isn't toast yet. Could someone possibly tell me what is wrong with my computer?
After fully draining a battery, it may not start charging right away when plugged in. Give it some time. If it still doesn't charge, try resetting the SMC. Also see the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Zerching

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Thanks

Thank you so much!
Apparently just SMC Resetting my computer was the way to go! I truly appreciate your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.