Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplesAOranges

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
I´m regretting that I upgraded to iPhone 5. I´m running out of battery all the time. It´s so frustrating to keep charging the phone all the time. Even Apple´s site state in the specs that iPhone 4 had better battery life, so it is a fact. Also the charging takes much much longer, probably due to the new lightning connector.

I mean WTF Apple? :mad:

Last edited:

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I´m regretting that I upgraded to iPhone 5. I´m running out of battery all the time. It´s so frustrating to keep charging the phone all the time. Even Apple´s site state in the specs that iPhone 4 had better battery life, so it is a fact. Also the charging takes much much longer, probably due to the new lightning connector.

You may have gotten a defective battery. Usage times on my iPhone 5 far exceed those of my old 4.

ApplesAOranges

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
iPhone 4 standby time: 300 hours
iPhone 5 standby time: 225 hours

Straight from Apple´s specs. That´s like live over 3 days more standby time and I definitely have noticed it!!!

I probably have to charge the iPhone 5 two times a week. With iPhone 4 it was about once in a week and my usage has not increased, the opposite in fact.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Battery life on my iPhone 5 is very close to what I had on the iPhone 4. Almost the same. Very impressive considering it has LTE always on too.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
iPhone 4 standby time: 300 hours
iPhone 5 standby time: 225 hours

Straight from Apple´s specs. That´s like live over 3 days more standby time and I definitely have noticed it!!!

I probably have to charge the iPhone 5 two times a week. With iPhone 4 it was about once in a week and my usage has not increased, the opposite in fact.

If your charging your iphone twice a week then you are really not using it at all and should probably go back to a dumb phone.

LOL, and after reading it again now its even more comical that your complaining about charging a phone TWICE a week :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
If your charging your iphone twice a week then you are really not using it at all and should probably go back to a dumb phone.

LOL, and after reading it again now its even more comical that your complaining about charging a phone TWICE a week :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

:)

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Not really sure if this is a serious thread. You have to charge twice a week!! Wow....... :confused:

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The iPhone -iPhone 4 contained 300 hours of battery life. The iPhone 4S & iPhone 5 has 225 hours of battery life. The next iPhone can not have anything less the 2000.

ApplesAOranges

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011

Well it´s true that I don´t use it very much, ´cause I´m totally bored with iPhone and iOS. Mainly use it for phone, text, email, Facebook, news.

I guess it´s funny when the iPhone loses it´s appeal. I just don´t get the humor in that.

But the fact still remains, iPhone 4 had better battery life.

emma777

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
India, New delhi
Have to agree! Battery life is iPhone 5 biggest issue IMO. Can't even make it to 5PM with a full charge without making any call or playing games. Only my job emails in push! Will call Apple to see if I can get a replacement because this seem like an issue to me..:(

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012

I am charging my 3GS 2 to 3 times a DAY...

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey

I had and have both and I think yes the 4S was a little better, but it did not have the CPU speed the 5 does, so when you factor in the 5 is faster and larger screen it needs to push out more energy, so maybe a tad difference, however for the most part doing the same exact thing on a daily basis I get the same battery life. When I play a game on the 4S the battery drains quicker then on the 5 for some odd reason, however I have a Mophie PowerJuice Pack 6000mah battery pack, you get almost 4 whole charges on your IP5 out of a single Mophie charge, so I rarely have to worry about power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.