Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:49 AM   #1
techtim89
macrumors newbie

Safari iCloud tabs not in sync

I'm having an issue getting my Safari iCloud tabs to sync up. My iPhone 5 "os6.1" has tabs listed maybe a few weeks ago I had opened on my MacBook. On my MacBook Pro "os10.8.2" it has tabs that where open on my iPhone 5 a few weeks ago as well. The bookmarks on my devices are all in sync. When adding a bookmark or item to my Reading list on my iPhone it syncs fine, practially instantly "4-5 seconds" to my MacBook and vice versa.

I've searched the web and tried many things to no avail. I've even tried what Mac suggests, but that also didn't work. (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5372) Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, -Tim

I've also posted on Apple Forums...
https://discussions.apple.com/message/21280279#21280279
techtim89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Orlandoech
macrumors 68030

Tabs are EXTREMELY delayed to sync for me too. I think its icloud, not so much user error.
Orlandoech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:21 PM   #3
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtim89 View Post
I'm having an issue getting my Safari iCloud tabs to sync up. My iPhone 5 "os6.1" has tabs listed maybe a few weeks ago I had opened on my MacBook. On my MacBook Pro "os10.8.2" it has tabs that where open on my iPhone 5 a few weeks ago as well. The bookmarks on my devices are all in sync. When adding a bookmark or item to my Reading list on my iPhone it syncs fine, practially instantly "4-5 seconds" to my MacBook and vice versa.

I've searched the web and tried many things to no avail. I've even tried what Mac suggests, but that also didn't work. (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5372) Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance, -Tim

I've also posted on Apple Forums...
https://discussions.apple.com/message/21280279#21280279
The only issue I've come across with iCloud tabs was after I restored my phone (4S) as new & with a different phone name without having closed the Safari tabs on the phone.

The Mac showed the "old" tabs as open on my phone but under the previous name and then showed new tabs under the new name.

I don't recall doing anything to make it correct itself but it eventually did.

The reason I'm sharing this in case you've recently restored your phone in any way. If you have, then that might explain the issue you're seeing. If not, then I likely can't help.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Orlandoech
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
The only issue I've come across with iCloud tabs was after I restored my phone (4S) as new & with a different phone name without having closed the Safari tabs on the phone.

The Mac showed the "old" tabs as open on my phone but under the previous name and then showed new tabs under the new name.

I don't recall doing anything to make it correct itself but it eventually did.

The reason I'm sharing this in case you've recently restored your phone in any way. If you have, then that might explain the issue you're seeing. If not, then I likely can't help.
This is true, I did experience this and they close out after 7 days according to apple.
bottom of the page;

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5372

Removing Tabs from the Tab list

To remove a tab from the list of iCloud Tabs, you must close that tab in Safari on the supported device that you used to browse that website. Quitting Safari, putting your Mac to sleep, or shutting it down will not remove the tab from the list. If you no longer have access to the device that that you used to browse that tab, the tab will automatically be cleared from the list after 7 days, if not updated.
Orlandoech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:50 PM   #5
techtim89
macrumors newbie

So I must still be in that 7 day period before it automatically clears. I'm hoping it clears soon. It's so annoying...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:45 AM   #6
techtim89
macrumors newbie

So I did a restore on my iPhone 5. Seems to have fixed my issue. Everything is syncing back and forth now just fine. Happy Day for me!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services