Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wroedesk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
This is the first time I've posted on here and I just got my first Imac a couple weeks ago. So I'm very new to the whole system. For the most part I feel like I figured everything out, until this issue. Somehow I must have changed some settings in iVI and now whenever I try to open the app it moves all videos to the program and it just locks up with the rainbow wheel spinning. I've let it spin forever (days)with no luck. I've tried to open the program holding shift and then it just won't open at all. I've deleted the program and reinstalled it and it does the same thing. Please give me some ideas on how to fix this!

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
This is the first time I've posted on here and I just got my first Imac a couple weeks ago. So I'm very new to the whole system. For the most part I feel like I figured everything out, until this issue. Somehow I must have changed some settings in iVI and now whenever I try to open the app it moves all videos to the program and it just locks up with the rainbow wheel spinning. I've let it spin forever (days)with no luck. I've tried to open the program holding shift and then it just won't open at all. I've deleted the program and reinstalled it and it does the same thing. Please give me some ideas on how to fix this!

First: what do you do with iVI? Remuxing? If yes, you should consider switching to the much faster Subler or MP4Tools. They're far superior to iVI in almost all respects.

Basically, it's only for MTS remuxing that I recommend iVI.

wroedesk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
I figured out how to delete the saved preferences, so I'm good now. Thank you!
1. Quit iVI
2. open finder
3. Click on the go menu with the option key held down
4. Select library
5. Open preferences folder
6. Delete any file beginning with com.southpolesoftware.ivi (do NOT delete anything other than these files as this file is critical to your system)
7. Relaunch iVI and reset your preferences if you have any (this will create a new preferences file to replace the one you deleted)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.