Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Boca
macrumors regular

Firefox Bookmarks Import to Chrome

When I go to the import window only Safari is indicated in the drop down window. I've made FF the browser, turned it on and off, done same with Safari and still can't find a way to import the FF for the toolbar or any bookmarks at all.
Downloaded Xmarks but all it says after sync is that it's done...but there are NO bookmarks anywhere.

Help, please. Have a great day.
Boca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:01 PM   #2
betterdays
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersampsons View Post
Follow below instruction step by step.
Here's one instruction for you to follow : read what the person wrote. He wrote only Safari is offered in the list. How do you want him to choose the browser ?
betterdays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:37 AM   #3
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boca View Post
When I go to the import window only Safari is indicated in the drop down window. I've made FF the browser, turned it on and off, done same with Safari and still can't find a way to import the FF for the toolbar or any bookmarks at all.
Downloaded Xmarks but all it says after sync is that it's done...but there are NO bookmarks anywhere.

Help, please. Have a great day.
Which version of Firefox and Chrome are you using? Chrome 17.0.963.8 (the latest as of this posting) can import from Firefox, at least on Windows.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:15 PM   #4
blatopilot
macrumors regular

In firefox, go to show all bookmarks. Pull down the star menu. Export bookmarks to HTML - save that.

In Chrome, go to bookmarks manager -> import bookmarks from html file -> select the file you exported and you are done.
blatopilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Boca
macrumors regular

Using latest Chrome. 17 vs. I can make an html but then I have to rebuild all the tool bar, correct?

I'm looking to migrate over the bookmarks in the same config. as on FF.

Thank you.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:22 AM   #6
furrina
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to furrina
I'm having the exact same problem. I got rid of my default file because it was corrupted and then synced with my google acct, but i want to import all my browser settings from firefox because the above got rid of them, but it only gives me safari as an option in the dropdown. My firefox and chrome are both up to date. I'm on mac OS 10.8.6
Seems like a weird bug to me. Is there any solution, even a 3rd party thing that will do it all? Other than export/import/recreate bookmarks?

thxxxx for any help
michelle
furrina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Boca
macrumors regular

Still searching, no luck and no other suggestions. If I find a way or solution I'll let you know. Have a good day.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:31 AM   #8
mubarak
macrumors newbie

Firefox Bookmarks Import to Chrome

I found a solution to this, but to apply it you will need to have access to a Windows computer.

1- Setup sync in Chrome between your mac and windows computers.
2- Setup sync in Firefox between your mac and windows computers.
3- Import Firefox bookmarks to Chrome in your windows computer.

Once you do this it will sync with your mac and you should have the same bookmarks in both systems.

Hope this will work with you
mubarak is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store