Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey folks.

Anyone here with good JSON experience in Xcode?

I've tried a few tutorials, and I can get them to work, but I'm struggling to really convert the practice to my own stuff.

The thing is I've got a webservice which returns JSON, and I'm really struggling to call and display the output.

For example here's one of the data sets I can call: http://182.50.143.15/charting?type=buzzchart&from=10-10-2012&to=26-10-2012&keywords=singapore,food

I can't seem to figure out how to call it and display it in a text label, let alone in a chart (which is my ultimate goal). I'd love it if anyone can help me in terms of how to plot it into graphs/charts, but at this point I'd be thankful for even just a simple text label being able to display the JSON data first.

Also does anyone know a good library/framework to use for displaying JSON data in a chart/graph/etc? Thanks.

Last edited:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Can't say I do...

Well, it'll definitely help you to convert your JSON into arrays / dictionaries for your code to use.

P.S. You said you've tried a few tutorials on JSON. Which ones? (URLS, please, if possible). When referencing third-party resources, it's courteous to provide as much detail about the resources as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.