Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:39 PM   #1
childoftheko4n
macrumors regular

OS Server VPN Setup

hello,

So I'm in the process of setting up OS Server for VPN. I was able to set it up the other night and connect while on local network, but had no luck on an outside network. My router says VPN port passthrough is enabled, so i dont think that would be it.

Is there another common step i may be missing? I am starting from scratch again to see if i can get it right this time >.<
childoftheko4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:43 PM   #2
tigres
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by childoftheko4n View Post
hello,

So I'm in the process of setting up OS Server for VPN. I was able to set it up the other night and connect while on local network, but had no luck on an outside network. My router says VPN port passthrough is enabled, so i dont think that would be it.

Is there another common step i may be missing? I am starting from scratch again to see if i can get it right this time >.<
What os?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:44 PM   #3
childoftheko4n
macrumors regular

I know i have read it conflicts with BTMM, but don't see where i would have this turned on. Should i go into preferences - sharing and enable/disable anything?
childoftheko4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:26 PM   #4
mwhities
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mwhities Send a message via MSN to mwhities
If you are running an Airport Extreme or Time Capsule, login into either and on the first page, make sure the "Back to My Mac" is clear. That should not have anything in it.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:48 PM   #5
tigres
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by childoftheko4n View Post

I know i have read it conflicts with BTMM, but don't see where i would have this turned on. Should i go into preferences - sharing and enable/disable anything?
It would be in iCloud settings for btmm
That most certainly conflicts. Confirm your ports are open. Don't recall the open ports now. Are you doing pptp?

I run SL server so I do not know what changed in 10.8.2.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking