Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
When I installed, Office, I get all of these on my dock:

hi.png

I only need what is in the red box, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
Is there a way to get rid of Outlook, and everything to the right of that. Actually uninstalling, not just taking off my dock.

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
I tried that, but it still leaves a lot of stuff here, which I can't really distinguish, I guess I might be done...

Window.png

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you just select an dock icon, right-click, and choose "Options / remove from dock?"

Whoops, I didn't read carefully. Uninstall, yes.

If you haven't invested a lot in customizing the apps you want, you could remove the entire Office suite (I think there's an uninstaller for that).

Then reinstall but choose "Custom" and only install Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

Last edited:

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
Thanks, I did that and it worked great.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you just select an dock icon, right-click, and choose "Options / remove from dock?"

Whoops, I didn't read carefully. Uninstall, yes.

If you haven't invested a lot in customizing the apps you want, you could remove the entire Office suite (I think there's an uninstaller for that).

Then reinstall but choose "Custom" and only install Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.