Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:34 AM   #1
terryrocks
macrumors newbie

Red face LTE not working on AT&T iPad Mini

Hi everyone,
I was hoping someone could help me figure this out.

I have an AT&T LTE sim that has data and voice on it. This sim works fine in my AT&T iPad 3 - LTE works fine on the iPad 3 too. The sim also works fine with LTE in my unlocked iPhone 5.

However, when I put it inside my AT&T iPad Mini, it doesnt work at all. I used the online APN changer and switched the APN settings to AT&T HSPA+. That made the SIM work in the iPad Mini, but with 4G only. I have tried changing the APN settings several times over, but I still can't get LTE on the iPad Mini with the SIM.

So I'm confused - shouldnt the AT&T iPad Mini be unlocked and work just like the bigger AT&T iPad?

As an FYI - I tried the same SIM in my friend's iPad Mini and had the same results

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
terryrocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Does it work if you use AT&T (Broadband) instead?
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:12 PM   #3
DyslexicKobe
macrumors newbie

iPad Mini] LTE not working on AT&T iPad Mini

I had same issue with my mini. What worked for me was putting that active simcard into the iPad mini and then restoring it via iTunes as new which will register the iPad to that sim card. After restore as new, worked flawless.
DyslexicKobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:47 PM   #4
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryrocks View Post
Hi everyone,
I was hoping someone could help me figure this out.

I have an AT&T LTE sim that has data and voice on it. This sim works fine in my AT&T iPad 3 - LTE works fine on the iPad 3 too. The sim also works fine with LTE in my unlocked iPhone 5.

However, when I put it inside my AT&T iPad Mini, it doesnt work at all. I used the online APN changer and switched the APN settings to AT&T HSPA+. That made the SIM work in the iPad Mini, but with 4G only. I have tried changing the APN settings several times over, but I still can't get LTE on the iPad Mini with the SIM.

So I'm confused - shouldnt the AT&T iPad Mini be unlocked and work just like the bigger AT&T iPad?

As an FYI - I tried the same SIM in my friend's iPad Mini and had the same results

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
Is the mini using the newest sim card design?
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:03 PM   #5
terryrocks
macrumors newbie

So I tried changing the APN to AT&T (Broadband) and that didnt work. I then switched back to AT&T HSPA+ and then updated to iOS 6.1 and now LTE is working! W00t! And wow, what a difference - the speeds are so much faster!

Thanks for the help everyone!
terryrocks is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Tags
at&t, ipad mini, ipad mini lte