Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeerBellyBill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I have a 2 day old iMac 27" that I waited for 4 weeks for because I custom configured it. I discovered in the upper right corner near the apple logo of the screen its slightly dimmer then the rest of the display. Not sure if this is typical or not. Machine otherwise is fine, no dead pixels, geek bench score of 14433 and dont know if I should exchange or not. almost 3k is a lot of $.

Vuddha

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
I too had Screen problems on Custom conf. 27"

I have a 2 day old iMac 27" that I waited for 4 weeks for because I custom configured it. I discovered in the upper right corner near the apple logo of the screen its slightly dimmer then the rest of the display. Not sure if this is typical or not. Machine otherwise is fine, no dead pixels, geek bench score of 14433 and dont know if I should exchange or not. almost 3k is a lot of $.

I had problems with the Screen after a day, it looked like bubbles between the screen and the outside glass. You could rub them out but they would come back once in a while. also I have a 2Big Quadra USB 3.0 6T Raid external drive that drops out of the Finder when the computer goes to sleep. Also I was getting auto restarts on the computer.
My Configuration is:

27-inch iMac
Part Number: Z0MS
With the following configuration:
•
PROCESSOR 065-C0PK 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•
MEMORY 065-0638 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
I installed 32GB of Crucial Memory.
•
HARD DRIVE 065-C0X7 768GB Flash Storage
•
GRAPHICS 065-C099 NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•
MOUSE 065-0662 MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
•
APPLE KEYBOARD 065-0664 Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•
COUNTRY KIT 065-0718 COUNTRY KIT

I have returned Two Imac and waiting for my 3rd. Like you said
In my case almost $4000.00 is a lot of money

I wonder if they are having trouble with the CUSTOM builds form that Plant in China. Are there others that are having the bubble problem or screen problem that are just living with them??

BeerBellyBill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
No bubbles as of yet.
How bad was the return process? Did you get a refund or just opt to exchange?

----------

My setup is the same as hours except i hot the 3Tb fusion drive and also upgraded to 32gb

Vuddha

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
No bubbles as of yet.
How bad was the return process? Did you get a refund or just opt to exchange?

----------

My setup is the same as hours except i hot the 3Tb fusion drive and also upgraded to 32gb

Glad to hear you did not bubbles
The return was painless. Once they determined that it was a problem, I had emailed them pictures, Apple ordered me a new computer and sent by email a prepaid mailing label with instructions to send within 12 days. As soon as they received confirmation that I had sent the broken computer back, they released the new one to be sent to me. I sent out on the Jan 5 and received the new one on Jan 16. I understand the turn around is quicker now.
Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.