Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Is there a way to have Quote notifications have permanent link like private messages has on the top right of my screen? or maybe change the private messages link to notifications or something that takes one to a page where there are pms and quotes?

I ask as when I have multiple quotes and I click the quote notification and read then exit, I am unable to re pull up that page easily

If that makes sense at all

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Obviously it could be done, but I can't speak to whether those responsible for implementing it are willing to do it.

Right now the quote notifications page is always two clicks away...click "User CP" in the toolbar and then choose "Quote Notifications" from the bottom of the left sidebar.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
If you go to it recently, you probably have something like "http://www.forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=quotenotifications" in your history. For a while (during the [WW] games) I'd be visiting that page more then the home page. Or you could bookmark/favorite that page.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
I understand what you are saying but for now you could just Right-Click each notification and open them all in separate tabs. That is what I do when I have multiple notifications.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Bump. I'm all for this idea. Does anybody have a URL in the meantime that we can possibly check? Occasionally when I check one quote then it wipes all the other quote notifications that I want to read.

And that means I can't continue my arguments with the fine members of the MR community! :D

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Could quote email notifications be added to the website? You can get emails for subscribed threads, but you still can't get emails for quotes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.