Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:49 AM   #76
xStep
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lost in Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flore View Post
Reviving this thread with a new timelapse from me
I liked it a lot. Some interesting shifts from one subject to another.

There were a some quick pans that I thought were too fast. They through me off balance.

Very cool!
__________________
My App: CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.
xStep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2014, 04:44 PM   #77
Flore
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStep View Post
I liked it a lot. Some interesting shifts from one subject to another.

There were a some quick pans that I thought were too fast. They through me off balance.

Very cool!
Thanks man, appreciate the comment. I always wish I could re-shoot some scenes...

Here is another one from last year:
Flore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:46 PM   #78
xStep
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lost in Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flore View Post
Thanks man, appreciate the comment. I always wish I could re-shoot some scenes...

Here is another one from last year: YouTube: video
Another great TL.

It must take you months to get all that material and then go through the edit.
__________________
My App: CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.
xStep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:03 AM   #79
Flore
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStep View Post
Another great TL.

It must take you months to get all that material and then go through the edit.
Nope - only had 5 days in both SF and KL that makes it really hard as you can't reshoot or anything. Just have to squeeze in as much as possible but also leave enough time to make sure no issues in each of the scenes.

The edit takes a while though, mainly because at that stage it's easy to start messing around and trying things.
Flore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:19 AM   #80
The Bad Guy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flore View Post
That's ****ing awesome.
__________________
Choo need people like me.
The Bad Guy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:39 PM   #81
Flore
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
That's ****ing awesome.
Appreciated!
Flore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:54 AM   #82
CharlieBrandt09
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern NJ
I love looking at these... It inspired me to do my own last night. Lol. My 4 year old building a puzzle. Comes in at a whopping 5 seconds.

http://instagram.com/p/pH2ihXDrbN/
__________________
Mid-2011 iMac 21.5 Mid-2013 MacBook Air 11" iPhone 5 iPad mini iPad rMini ATV3 Nikon D5200
CharlieBrandt09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:26 AM   #83
Parkin Pig
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Yorkshire, the starting grid of the 2014 Tour de France
I've got a couple on YouTube.
The first is a timelapse of Everest as dusk falls, taken from base camp, Tibet.
It lasts 30 seconds, but represents 90 minutes. It was done with my Canon G9 which I jammed into a pile of rocks as the wind was howling down the valley, so using a tripod was out of the question.
I'm amazed the battery lasted 90 minutes, considering how cold it was.
Unfortunately I couldn't fix the exposure for the duration, so as the light fades, the camera compensates, so it doesn't get particularly dark. I didn't want to use my DSLR for the video, as I needed my batteries to last for the next 2 days until we reached a charging point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEO1VKKqhs

Next up is a pointless little compilation of 'miniature' shots I did during one day in Brighton, set to 'Chicken', by The Cramps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pf6mdOHmg
Parkin Pig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:27 PM   #84
NeGRit0
macrumors 6502a
 
NeGRit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBrandt09 View Post
I love looking at these... It inspired me to do my own last night. Lol. My 4 year old building a puzzle. Comes in at a whopping 5 seconds.

http://instagram.com/p/pH2ihXDrbN/
Cool. What file format did you save the time lapse in to be able to up it to instagram? Mine always say invalid file or some non sense.
__________________
Flickr.. | Tumblr | Google+ | Instagram
NeGRit0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:59 PM   #85
CharlieBrandt09
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGRit0 View Post
Cool. What file format did you save the time lapse in to be able to up it to instagram? Mine always say invalid file or some non sense.
I exported it from iMovie in MP4, then uploaded from my phone.
__________________
Mid-2011 iMac 21.5 Mid-2013 MacBook Air 11" iPhone 5 iPad mini iPad rMini ATV3 Nikon D5200
CharlieBrandt09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:28 AM   #86
LongSticks
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkin Pig View Post
I've got a couple on YouTube.
The first is a timelapse of Everest as dusk falls, taken from base camp, Tibet.
It lasts 30 seconds, but represents 90 minutes. It was done with my Canon G9 which I jammed into a pile of rocks as the wind was howling down the valley, so using a tripod was out of the question.
I'm amazed the battery lasted 90 minutes, considering how cold it was.
Unfortunately I couldn't fix the exposure for the duration, so as the light fades, the camera compensates, so it doesn't get particularly dark. I didn't want to use my DSLR for the video, as I needed my batteries to last for the next 2 days until we reached a charging point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEO1VKKqhs

Next up is a pointless little compilation of 'miniature' shots I did during one day in Brighton, set to 'Chicken', by The Cramps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pf6mdOHmg
Love the Everest content.....lucky man. Def on my bucket list!
__________________
27" i5 16gb 2011; 15" i7 MBP 8gb 512gb SSD 2011; iPads & iPhones
Fujifilm XE-1 & Fujifilm X-T1 - 500px search = http://500px.com/adenmidge
LongSticks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:24 AM   #87
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601
 
Apple fanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkin Pig View Post
I've got a couple on YouTube.
The first is a timelapse of Everest as dusk falls, taken from base camp, Tibet.
It lasts 30 seconds, but represents 90 minutes. It was done with my Canon G9 which I jammed into a pile of rocks as the wind was howling down the valley, so using a tripod was out of the question.
I'm amazed the battery lasted 90 minutes, considering how cold it was.
Unfortunately I couldn't fix the exposure for the duration, so as the light fades, the camera compensates, so it doesn't get particularly dark. I didn't want to use my DSLR for the video, as I needed my batteries to last for the next 2 days until we reached a charging point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEO1VKKqhs

Next up is a pointless little compilation of 'miniature' shots I did during one day in Brighton, set to 'Chicken', by The Cramps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pf6mdOHmg
Love the Everest one. Stunning location.

The one from Brighton, not so much. Probably your choice of song!
__________________
Late 2012 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5, ITB FD, 16G RAM, 2 TB TC, iPhone 5 32GB, iPad Air 32G, iPad 4 32G, iPad 2 16G, ATV2, iPod touch 8G, Xbox 360 Nikon D7100/D300 70-200 24-70 14-24 60 10.5 mm (all 2.8)
Apple fanboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:26 AM   #88
Parkin Pig
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Yorkshire, the starting grid of the 2014 Tour de France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple fanboy View Post
Love the Everest one. Stunning location.

The one from Brighton, not so much. Probably your choice of song!
The Cramps are definitely a Marmite group

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSticks View Post
Love the Everest content.....lucky man. Def on my bucket list!
I can't recommend it highly enough. Pointless trying to describe it. Like the Grand Canyon, you just have go there to appreciate how amazing it is. I hope you make it some day.
Parkin Pig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:34 AM   #89
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601
 
Apple fanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkin Pig View Post
The Cramps are definitely a Marmite group [COLOR="#808080"]

.
I think you might have lost our American cousins with that comment!
__________________
Late 2012 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5, ITB FD, 16G RAM, 2 TB TC, iPhone 5 32GB, iPad Air 32G, iPad 4 32G, iPad 2 16G, ATV2, iPod touch 8G, Xbox 360 Nikon D7100/D300 70-200 24-70 14-24 60 10.5 mm (all 2.8)
Apple fanboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RAW or JPEG for timelapse photography? theuserjohnny Digital Photography 11 Jan 22, 2014 01:36 PM
~2 Hours of HD Footage to Timelapse Caliber26 Digital Video 3 Nov 23, 2013 04:57 AM
Lightroom 4 and Timelapse 50fps odin2free Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Sep 17, 2012 11:30 PM
Tutorial about motion timelapse mariposa1981 Digital Photography 0 Jul 31, 2012 06:49 AM
Wanna see a timelapse? TurdFerguson Digital Video 4 Jul 24, 2012 12:07 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC