Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
My 30 days are coming up and I'm extremely happy with my purchase of the iPad Mini. I bought the black one because I wasn't feeling the white Mini. I think black has a better flow but I have a white iPhone 4S. My Mini is in a case, does the black Mini scratch as easy as the iPhone 5?

Can you share some of your photos of your white iPad Mini?

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Here are some photos of my white iPad mini :) (For some reason it wouldn't let me attach more than one photo per post, so I made separate posts, sorry!).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Nice pics. I like the white look better than the black, but I think as some have said, the black will probably be better for viewing videos.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
Nice pics. I like the white look better than the black, but I think as some have said, the black will probably be better for viewing videos.

You would think so, but it doesn't seem to be the case for me. I switched from a black iPad 1 to the white iPad mini and the picture improvement is enormous and when I'm watching video, I have the lighting down and the white fades away.

I played with both black and white in the store and felt the black one was too anonymous, and I worried about scratching the black finish (wish they had done like full size and just gone with the silver back and black bezel in which case I may have gone with the black) but really, I'm happy with the colour choice - the PRODUCT(Red) cover I bought really goes with the white and silver finish and matches my white iPhone which also has a red case.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
You would think so, but it doesn't seem to be the case for me. I switched from a black iPad 1 to the white iPad mini and the picture improvement is enormous and when I'm watching video, I have the lighting down and the white fades away.

I played with both black and white in the store and felt the black one was too anonymous, and I worried about scratching the black finish

Yeah to me the black looks just like all the other tablets out there. It's still nice, but looks all too similar to the others in my opinion.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

I played with both black and white in the store and felt the black one was too anonymous, and I worried about scratching the black finish (wish they had done like full size and just gone with the silver back and black bezel in which case I may have gone with the black) but really, I'm happy with the colour choice - the PRODUCT(Red) cover I bought really goes with the white and silver finish and matches my white iPhone which also has a red case.

I completely agree. I also bought the PRODUCT(Red) Smart Cover for mine :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 109

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
I might switch to the white Mini, I like the white products better.

I'm going to take it out of the case, see if theres any scratches. If not, and if I can't find the receipt to Best Buy, I'll go ahead and install my Zagg full body wrap and place it back in the case. I'm happy with it, just don't know if white would have been a better choice?

Last edited:

jaydee24601

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I now have all white iPads and iPhone ... for some reason they're just better on my eye and I also think that they just look beautiful! Completely visceral, gut driven I'm sure. I started with all the black models originally!

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I switched from the black iPad mini to the white iPad mini and I'm 100% happy with my decision. The stealthiness of the black is indeed nice, but wear and tear will show irregardless of how well you take care of it.

Both are wonderful colors, but White & Silver will hold up, Black & Slate will not.

Also, the white bezel isn't a distraction when watching movies. It's just a misconception.

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
Black Mini is always looks dirty. To me it actually looks sort of bluish in bright light.

jaydee24601

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Have any of you guys had any scratching problems on your silver back or rear apples? Mine has never been out of a case ...

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Found my Best Buy receipt, I'm going to give them a call later today to see if they have any white iPad's. I don't care if I get the 16GB or 32GB. I'm also going to see if my Mini has any scratches as it's just been in a case it's whole life.

But first, I will play with the white iPad to see if it's really what I want. My 3GS, was white, my 4 was black due to the white not being out yet, and my 4S is white.

My iPad 2 is black, and doesn't have any scratches on it, but then again it doesn't have a black backing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.