Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yeti89

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
I don't think the reason for no quad core in the 13" retina is cooling. It is just a slightly small system than that found in the 15" retina. I think the reason for no quad core is battery power. There is a lot less batter capacity in the 13 compared to the 15". As someone pointed out earlier there does seem to be a bit of extra room for more battery in the 13" retina and perhaps if the take advantage of this we could get a quad core.

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
I don't think the reason for no quad core in the 13" retina is cooling. It is just a slightly small system than that found in the 15" retina. I think the reason for no quad core is battery power. There is a lot less batter capacity in the 13 compared to the 15". As someone pointed out earlier there does seem to be a bit of extra room for more battery in the 13" retina and perhaps if the take advantage of this we could get a quad core.
show me where performing basic tasks that the difference in battery life is huge between a quad and a dual core

Last edited by a moderator:

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
show me where performing basic tasks that the difference in battery life is huge between a quad and a dual core

yeah yahoo does that its annoying

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6409/13inch-retina-macbook-pro-review/11

The 15" actually gets close to an hour more battery life on the rMBP than the 13". But people who do basic tasks are going to gravitate towards the MBA, which due to its ULV processor gets close to 7.5 hours. With the Quad core processor being put to work as well as the GPU, the 15" gets 2.5 hours and the MBP gets 3.5.

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
really? gpu + cpu will consume more battery on the fly than a dual core cpu. news to me...

the problem here is that we do basic tasks on the fly, otherwise we dont get the advertised battery life (which I usually get more).

and just because you have a pro named pc, you stop using the internet? reading texts? writing? table creation?

we can only use CS? since apparently thats the only use for apple notebooks. you shall be punished if you use the pro named machines for table making!

skaertus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil

There is also price. The quad-core processors are more expensive than the dual-core models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.