Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I found an 8GB iPod Nano 2G in great condition (with a box and the 30pin connector + some kind of dock adapter from Apple) for 40$.
This will be my first iPod. I never had the need for an iPod because I use an iPhone since 2007 but nowadays the apps & games take up huge amount of storage and I have no more place for my music.
Does it still worth it ? It's a 7 year device... The only thing I am going to do with it is listening to music.
Thanks.

mattg3

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2010
ma.
I would go with a 99$ refurbished nano.You get 16G,currant model that has better SQ and really excellent earpod headphones.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
yep. ^ what she said. that's a good price if the battery/hdd are in good shape.

wait, googling claims it's ssd - interesting. I'd view that as a positive for durability.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
yep. ^ what she said. that's a good price if the battery/hdd are in good shape.

wait, googling claims it's ssd - interesting. I'd view that as a positive for durability.

The battery seems to be ok. I tested it.

----------

I would go with a 99$ refurbished nano.You get 16G,currant model that has better SQ and really excellent earpod headphones.

I don't use the earpods, I have other headphones. I really don't want to invest in a super-smart iPod because I would not use it.
I really need a basic mp3 player.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
It's a great buy !
It even has the Apple Stickers :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372330559.117060.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372330577.569750.jpg

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Great find. Still my favorite nano. If I found one in the box for $40 I would totally snag it.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Thanks ! :D
I do have a question : what is that "mini-dock" for ? It's an adapter for the Apple Universal dock or what ?

.Asa

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
Thanks ! :D
I do have a question : what is that "mini-dock" for ? It's an adapter for the Apple Universal dock or what ?

It's a little insert for the apple dock and many other docks, it just keeps the iPod from wiggling around.

Congratulations on your iPod, I find the old clickwheel iPods superior in many ways to the newer ones.

DavidMarks

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2013
The battery and hard drive are always the issue. I'd say it's a good buy otherwise.

Hard drive? Where?

----------

It's a great buy !

View attachment 420173

View attachment 420174

I have the exact same one! :eek::eek::eek: do you need that dock adapter?? :eek::eek::eek: Please say you don't, I'll buy it from ya!! I've been looking everywhere!

----------

It's a great buy !

View attachment 420173

View attachment 420174

I have the exact same one! :eek::eek::eek: do you need that dock adapter?? :eek::eek::eek: Please say you don't, I'll buy it from ya!! I've been looking everywhere!

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Hard drive? Where?

----------

----------

I'm looking for my old dock that came with the Original iPhone to use the dock adapter with the Nano but if I will not find it, fine, I'll ship it to you for free. You have to pay the shipping & the other fees. Please note that I live in Romania.

DavidMarks

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2013
I'm looking for my old dock that came with the Original iPhone to use the dock adapter with the Nano but if I will not find it, fine, I'll ship it to you for free. You have to pay the shipping & the other fees. Please note that I live in Romania.

I live in Portugal. I'm afraid the dock adapter only works with the Universal dock with Remote, and not the standard iPhone dock, whick is shaped specifically for the iPhone and doesn't have these 'snaps' for other shapes. I might be wrong though!!

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011

Are you sure it is better SQ as iPod nanos, 1G and 2G used Wolfson DAC which is rated better SQ than Cirrus that Apple is using nowadays.
Battery life of older nano would be inferior to new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.