Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
Yeah I know another iOS 7 icon thread. But seriously, I think the settings icon should look like this icon I made in Photoshop. (Just a crude mockup.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• iOS settings.png
    iOS settings.png
    234.5 KB · Views: 18,658
Last edited:

thejoshhoward

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it probably shouldn't look like a crude mockup you made in Photoshop.

To try and help get the conversation started; why do you think the settings icon should look like your mockup?

kevinfulton.ca

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
From what I can tell all you did was remove the inner gear. Which, leads me to ask, why do you believe this to be an improvement?

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
From what I can tell all you did was remove the inner gear. Which, leads me to ask, why do you believe this to be an improvement?

Because unlike the iOS 6 settings icon, which actually had connected gears, the iOS 7 one has a second gear which feels out if place.

kevinfulton.ca

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
So you want it to look the same as the Apple TV icon? I can see that and at one point wondered why they didn't do that, but unfortunately would clash with the rest of the iOS7 aesthetic. That being thin, modern, and minimal. Much like the new font they are using. Personally, I prefer the new official version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.