Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coconutsport

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I was roaming around Wal Mart today and ran across the iPad Mini 16 gb wifi for $299! Are they expecting a refresh? Wow!

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Yes, Walmart reduced the price a couple of weeks ago I believe. There are any number of reasons why Walmart might lower the price (loss leader for accessories, overstock for example) but I highly doubt Walmart knows something that none of the other retailers know. Best Buy and Target occasionally have sales on Apple products including iPads.

Coconutsport

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Yes, Walmart reduced the price a couple of weeks ago I believe. There are any number of reasons why Walmart might lower the price (loss leader for accessories, overstock for example) but I highly doubt Walmart knows something that none of the other retailers know. Best Buy and Target occasionally have sales on Apple products including iPads.

Makes sense since the 32 was still $429.

tazz3

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
best buy will price match walmarts price which is good this is a good price for somebody that wnats a mini

princebig7

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2013
This girl i know was dieing to get rid of her ipad 3 for an ipad mini (complaining of how heavy it was) so I gave her a $30 dollar best buy card i had and we price matched Walmarts price for $299. She wanted to sell the ipad 3 for enough to get the mini so with my gift card and the price match i told her about she sold me her ipad 3 16gb for $270 that she bought in August along with two smart cases, unused screen protector and its still under warranty!! Not one scratch or scuff!

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Agreed. This doesn't mean new ones are on the way.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Did a price match with bestbuy. This going to be a mom's day gift! I don't think my mom will complaint that it's not a retina screen......:cool:

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Thanks for the post! I wasn't aware of the price drop at Wal Mart. Was thinking of getting a new iPod at Best Buy ( to replace an 8 GB fifth generation iPod I use for car stereo & vid watching at work ), but not crazy about watching vids on the small retina screen. Went to a nearby Best Buy walked in the computer dept and asked if they still price match. The girl working just laughed and asked "Wal Mart?" Guess it's become popular. :)

I had $125 in reward zone points, so used $100 towards the iPad Mini, making it $200. Used the remaining $25 to get a screen shield.

It's been a nice trade off. Still use the iPod for the car stereo, but now all 8 GB go towards music. The iPad mini got the vids, and now some magazines for me to read while at work. Well worth it.

Going to trade in my 1st gen iPad now to get all my credit back, and put it towards the new full size iPad when it's announced. :D

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Very nice prices, wish i was closer. By the time I drive up accross the border and come back I would have spent more than the over 200.00 they cost here (for two). Even walmart and best buy charge the high prices here.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Target has a $30 sale on each model this week.

iPad 2 and 4 come with $40 gift cards. Same prices though.

I just bought my mom an iPad mini from Target for Mother's Day for $279 after taxes.

iPad mini $329,
-$30 ad
-10% Employee discount (family works there)
-5% Target Red Card

I bought mine on Friday and gave it to her as an early gift (more to follow next weekend) and she loves it, could care less about it not having retina, and after I saw today's ad I went back in and got my difference ($30) refunded.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Think I will pick up a used iPad mini on the cheap. Found perfect one on my local Craigslist for $225. That's a very good price for a used iPad mini.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
I just bought my mom an iPad mini from Target for Mother's Day for $279 after taxes.

iPad mini $329,
-$30 ad
-10% Employee discount (family works there)
-5% Target Red Card

I bought mine on Friday and gave it to her as an early gift (more to follow next weekend) and she loves it, could care less about it not having retina, and after I saw today's ad I went back in and got my difference ($30) refunded.

Employee discount 10%
Redcard 5%
Pharmacy rewards 5%

$265.xx :cool:

Soulflower

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
How did you use pharmacy rewards on an iPad? I thought it was only for medications?

----------

I'm very tempted by this deal and also have a $25 Target gift card. The only thing holding me back is that my iPad 2 is fine and I'm curious about a new iPad mini release.

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
YMMV. Bestbuy now is offering a 30 gift card with a purchase of any iPad. Have tem price match Walmart for 299 and get the GC.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
How did you use pharmacy rewards on an iPad? I thought it was only for medications?

----------

I'm very tempted by this deal and also have a $25 Target gift card. The only thing holding me back is that my iPad 2 is fine and I'm curious about a new iPad mini release.

After 5 prescription fills you get a 5% off coupon in the mail. You can use it for one day, as many transactions as you wish.

I wasn't clear with the whole "pharmacy rewards" bit. My apologies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.