Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:18 AM   #301
calaverasgrande
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlCKB0Y View Post
Or could it be that these are not selling because they are now using significantly obsolete hardware?
exactly. I really fretted about whether to go with a new 15" or an older refurb 17".
I would actually use every inch of that screen (epscially the hires version!) and I would use the PC card slot too.
I even checked and the 17" would fit in my "fifteen inch" messenger/laptop bag. (yes I am that retarded about my messenger bag, I used to BE a messenger, dreadlocks and all.)
But then it came down to quad core vs dual core. i7 vs core2duo ram speed, SATA speed and so on.
I actually advise friends and family to buy last gen Macs all the time. But then the heaviest thing their Macs do is play iTunes while playing a flash game.
I crush computers with video at work, music production in my studio and VMs all the time.
I WANT MORE CORES.
calaverasgrande is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:35 PM   #302
cmanderson
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to cmanderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
Exactly. The 17" MBP is definitely portable. I've used 17" PowerBook G4 and it is still more manageable than some of the current PCs.

Wrong. You have never seen a 17" MBP.
Wow. That's just dumb.
cmanderson is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 05:10 PM   #303
spyguy10709
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaverasgrande View Post
exactly. I really fretted about whether to go with a new 15" or an older refurb 17".
I would actually use every inch of that screen (epscially the hires version!) and I would use the PC card slot too.
I even checked and the 17" would fit in my "fifteen inch" messenger/laptop bag. (yes I am that retarded about my messenger bag, I used to BE a messenger, dreadlocks and all.)
But then it came down to quad core vs dual core. i7 vs core2duo ram speed, SATA speed and so on.
I actually advise friends and family to buy last gen Macs all the time. But then the heaviest thing their Macs do is play iTunes while playing a flash game.
I crush computers with video at work, music production in my studio and VMs all the time.
I WANT MORE CORES.
Get that 17. They def. had i7 quad 17s
Last edited by spyguy10709; Tomorrow at 07:10 AM.
spyguy10709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:34 PM   #304
padapada
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy10709 View Post
Get that 17. They def. had i7 quad 17s
True. Writing this reply on one
padapada is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion