Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
This person wants to trade his iPad 3( retina display) 64GB +$200 for my iphone 5 32GB.
Should i? All you iphone 5 owners who downgraded to iPhone 4S, did you miss it? I really don't want to go from LTE to 3G but the offer is so good or am I losing money? Thanks guys. Help me decide

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
This person wants to trade his iPad 3( retina display) 64GB +$200 for my iphone 5 32GB.
Should i? All you iphone 5 owners who downgraded to iPhone 4S, did you miss it? I really don't want to go from LTE to 3G but the offer is so good or am I losing money? Thanks guys. Help me decide

Its basically an even trade. They're selling for $500-600 on eBay. So he's giving you $700-800 for the iPhone 5 32GB, which retails for $750 plus tax.

As far as going back to 3G for me, no way!! I'm absolutely loving my LTE right now. It all depends on how much you use LTE. 3G speeds for most will suffice. They have no problem waiting the extra few seconds for a page to load.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'd rather have the iPhone 5, but that may just be me. Depends what you want to use the iPad for, whether you'd miss the speed of the iP5, screen size etc

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
A 64gb iPad 3 runs for 500-600 on eBay ? Wow I don't know that
Its basically an even trade. They're selling for $500-600 on eBay. So he's giving you $700-800 for the iPhone 5 32GB, which retails for $750 plus tax.

As far as going back to 3G for me, no way!! I'm absolutely loving my LTE right now. It all depends on how much you use LTE. 3G speeds for most will suffice. They have no problem waiting the extra few seconds for a page to load.

----------

I'd rather have the iPhone 5, but that may just be me. Depends what you want to use the iPad for, whether you'd miss the speed of the iP5, screen size etc
Just lte I think I would miss. What if I buy an iPhone 4S there another person selling that for $200. So I get iPhone 4S and iPad 3

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
A 64gb iPad 3 runs for 500-600 on eBay ? Wow I don't know that

----------

Just lte I think I would miss. What if I buy an iPhone 4S there another person selling that for $200. So I get iPhone 4S and iPad 3

No LTE here in the UK yet (EE's 8-12Mbps doesn't count :p), so I couldn't comment on that. I'd definitely miss the screen and weight (or lack thereof) however.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Is it a 32GB 4s? Also, I am assuming this is the "old" iPad 3? Not the newer one that launched alongside the mini? The easiest distinguishable physical characteristic is going to be the presence of a lightning dock connector. That latter of the two is by far the better unit. Those earlier models should start going for quite a bit less on eBay. That is, if the general populous knows what they are buying (which may be dubious to begin with).

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Humm you got a point i think I'm going to keep the iPhone 5 but ill still like to hear others opinions

You could always ask for more cash, or something else as part of the trade. Make it known that you know about the newer iPad. Why should you trade retail values for the "old" version?

Or... just keep the phone. Up to you. It sounds like you want the iPad though. The 4S is still a decent phone IMO.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
No way to really close the thread... just let it die.

If he is offering $250 on top of everything else that is a pretty good deal. I would take it, but I would be cautious. Make sure everything is in order and working and that there are no banned ESNs on the devices.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
No way to really close the thread... just let it die.

If he is offering $250 on top of everything else that is a pretty good deal. I would take it, but I would be cautious. Make sure everything is in order and working and that there are no banned ESNs on the devices.

An iPad can have the esn banned? It's a wifi model. Speaking to him now he is going to think about$300 and there's a seller selling an s3 for. 300 so I might take the deal. I showed him the post of the s3 so I think he actually wants to help me stay with an lte phone and get the iPad

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
To me it's a stupid deal, I would keep the iPhone 5 and just get an iPad Mini with celluar or something. I wouldn't downgrade to a 4S, in fact I would never downgrade.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I don't really think an ipad is worth going back to a iPhone 4. Love the ip5 screen. iPads are too heavy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.