Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:45 PM   #1
srechenb
macrumors newbie

Mac Mail not downloading new emails

Hi folks,

I'm running Mail 4.6 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 to access an IMAP and a POP mail account. Both accounts worked fine until some days ago, and neither mail service provider has changed the login procedures / servers / etc. When syncing both accounts, the Mail Activity window shows the correct number of new messages, but they won't download into the inboxes. Both accounts work fine for sending mail. Here is what I've tried so far to fix the problem:

* Used account doctor to check server connection status - all fine
* Checked login credentials for both accounts - fine
* Use the rebuild function - no effect
* Create a new account and sync from bottom up - no effect, nothing gets downloaded
* Checked available disk space - plenty available
* Deleted .OfflineCache folders - no effect

So it's definitely a problem within Mail - but which? I appreciate any suggestion how to fix this problem.
srechenb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:22 AM   #2
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

When you say, "neither mail service provider has changed the login procedures / servers / etc." do you mean that those settings haven't changed or that you called your providers and verified that they haven't changed how their mail system works?

Who are your providers?
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store