Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
Hey guys quick question.

I got my iphone 5 from rogers, and a week later added applecare+ to it.

About a week after that I had to swap the phone out because of a bad battery.

The applecare+ isn't showing now on this (white box) replacement. It's been 3 days. Does it usually take longer to show? I'll call applecare when they're open but I just wondered if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Hey guys quick question.

I got my iphone 5 from rogers, and a week later added applecare+ to it.

About a week after that I had to swap the phone out because of a bad battery.

The applecare+ isn't showing now on this (white box) replacement. It's been 3 days. Does it usually take longer to show? I'll call applecare when they're open but I just wondered if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks

It should re-appear. If not, call apple.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
I only say it will because I purchased apple care for my iPad 3 and had to take it back due to LTE not working. My rep actually transferred it for me that day.

The genius just said "yeah applecare+ follows automatically", after i asked him about it...

we shall see.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
It can take up to 2 weeks for it to show, but it will be transfer eventually...

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
So what happened?

There was a mix-up somewhere along the line, and my applecare+ was not applied properly to my "new" phone. I phoned applecare+ personally and spoke with a rep, she made it go through. I can now see it online. She said she would mail me a copy of my new applecare+ contract. That never came.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
There was a mix-up somewhere along the line, and my applecare+ was not applied properly to my "new" phone. I phoned applecare+ personally and spoke with a rep, she made it go through. I can now see it online. She said she would mail me a copy of my new applecare+ contract. That never came.

Glad it worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.