Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Exactly......If you say you don't like the IP5...does that mean you hate Apple? Of course not! The competition between Apple and Samsung is great for us consumers....better products competing for the marketshare......I love it!
If I say Samsung dropped the ball on a specific feature in the GS4....that doesn't mean i hate Samsung....if I say I wish HTC had included a SD card slot on the One.....that doesn't mean I hate HTC...If is say Apple needs to make the next iphone bigger and revamp IOS....that doesn't mean I hate Apple....just means I want better products with the features I want.....

I'm not even speaking about stating your opinions like that.....

It's not that people say "I don't like Apple", its the fact that they follow it up with "and you must be in denial to think they make a decent smartphone" or some variety of that.....

Sad really.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
I'm not even speaking about stating your opinions like that.....

It's not that people say "I don't like Apple", its the fact that they follow it up with "and you must be in denial to think they make a decent smartphone" or some variety of that.....

Sad really.

Unfortunately this is inevitable when something gets very mainstream, i remember when there were people on the internet hating microsoft and windows the same thing is happening to apple now.

C0C0A

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
I personally think Apple is far from demise and/or doom. The worse case scenario is they'll become more niche as their macs have (though, honestly, being in NYC I see more macs than I do anything else), but even that I don't think will happen. Slow as they may be, they'll eventually give people more options with the iPhone, which will either draw people back and/or keep the ones already committed to the iPhone.

But you also can't deny there's a shift in the smartphone market that Apple helped create.

Far from it, but likely to follow in the footsteps of BB. In fact, they are suffering the same missteps as RIM by sitting on their cash cow. It will become exactly like BB, w/ marketshare dwindling to next to nothing, in the end only extremists and fanatics still on iDevices.

They need to get rid of Tim Cook and get a CEO who inspires confidence in the public, confidence to investors and who will move the company from business as usual to a realization that Samsung is a huge threat and do something about it.

They need someone who can inspire with innovation, not someone w/ a background in business. They need to think outside of Apple though. Just look at JCP, just as Ron Johnson ran them into the ground, Tim Cook is doing the exact same.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
They need someone who can inspire with innovation, not someone w/ a background in business. They need to think outside of Apple though. Just look at JCP, just as Ron Johnson ran them into the ground, Tim Cook is doing the exact same.

Except JCP is still losing money. Apple is not. In fact, Q1, Apple made the most money of any company ever in the history of companies making money. That doesn't sound like a company anywhere near death to me.

You keep talking about how Apple has to innovate. The way I see it, They've had 6 revolutionary products in their existence - the Apple II, Macintosh in 1984, the iMac in 1997, the iPod in 2001, the iPhone in 2007, and the iPad in 2010. And they are making money. They make more money than Microsoft - or any of the other PC makers. The iPhone has by far the largest profit share of any handset maker.

Frankly, it looks to me like Apple is doing what they need to be doing.

So what exactly do you think Apple needs to change?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Cook is running Apple in to the ground? Please. Can we quit with the ridiculous hyperbole?

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Apples current challenges are a normal part of the major task Tim Cook inherited with the demise of Steve Jobs. I happen to believe that Cook is doing quite well given the global shift in how PC's vs mobile devices have impacted the sector. This being but one small example of many.

Not to mention the unrelenting comparisons to "what Steve would do" and all that useless living in the past. It's a well known fact, that when one individual is revered as Jobs and was the face of the company, once gone, the task of carrying on without a major downturn is nearly impossible.

Apple will be fine, this time next year things will be settled down quite nicely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.