Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Well, if you believe the rumors, the 5S will have a better 13 megapixel camera, fingerprint sensor & a slightly faster processor all in the same form factor.

I'm actually gonna get it for the camera alone as I use the iphone as my camera for my travel blog. ;-)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Bias is when you believe everyone else is just like you, and then go on to base your entire perspectives in life based ONLY on that which is immediately visible to you from your unique perspective.

Looking at objective demographic data, however, is where you start to see the "big picture" and realize that your own little world is not, in fact, the "big picture."

Per ComScore, Giga, Flurry and many others, the average US consumer with a smartphone now uses it about 2.5 hours per day. Most of that (80%) is spent using Apps.

This is for both iOS and Android. Android users, however, use Apps much LESS than do iOS users. Again, empirical evidence...not personal conjecture based on asking Aunt Mae and your cousin how they use their phones.

You can believe what you want. I tend to believe objective data based on scientific analysis versus forum posters who post a lopsided opinion.

More good reading.....

While I'm not doubting the stats I just think there is more to them then meets the eye. Verizon didn't always carry the iPhone, so many Android users have one based on that alone. Do you think that people that did switch to an iPhone suddenly got more intelligent, made more money and such? I don't. I know a lot of people that are just as dumb as they were before, myself included.

Also, wouldn't it make more sense that the platform with more apps in general have more people using apps?

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
It's funny how everyone just assumes there will be a 5S because there was a 4S and a 3GS but if Apple really wanted to hit a home run and take back the market they'd skip a 5S and give us the iPhone 6 with everything the current iPhone lacks! All of the speculation is just that, speculation... I've been an iPhone guy for a long time but I've never seen a group of people pontificate over something that has yet to even be announced like Apple fans do!

That's why they (we) are Apple fans.

To give you a perspective, I pulled up the Apple website on my laptop and showed my gf the new iOS 7 today and she's like "nah, I don't want a new iPhone". I told her it's software, but she just went back to watch her drama on the iPad. lol

So you have those that tracks every rumor and those that don't even care after Apple announced something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.