Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 24, 2011, 01:40 PM   #126
Ann P
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Paperless is still the one and only TO-DO list that I use.

Question for our dear developer, will there be any chance of a future snapshot/photo integration?
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 02:46 PM   #127
rhett7660
macrumors 604
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
Question: Is the data stored in a sudo database on the device itself? If so is there a way to export that data to run reports etc? I am thinking more along the lines of having the exported file integrate with another product? This is why I ask.

I know there was mention of having an iPad version, is this still in the works and if so will you be able to sync your notes back and forth to each device? IE complete something and mark it off on the iPad and then it syncs with your iPhone and it marks it off the iPhone as well?

Thanks
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:51 AM   #128
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann P View Post
Paperless is still the one and only TO-DO list that I use.

Question for our dear developer, will there be any chance of a future snapshot/photo integration?
I'm glad you still find it useful. The ability to add images to notes is something I have thought about, along with maps and sound recordings... but with the way data is currently saved in Paperless it wouldn't be that feasible.

So, at some point I either need to change that (which I may need to do to implement syncing anyways), or build a new app that can handle those things.

I haven't decided what to do yet though, and either way I wouldn't be abandoning Paperless. I'll know more after I explore syncing with Dropbox further (since that will guide how I change the way data is saved, plus I'll have a better idea of how much data is reasonable to transfer wirelessly while syncing).


Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
Question: Is the data stored in a sudo database on the device itself? If so is there a way to export that data to run reports etc? I am thinking more along the lines of having the exported file integrate with another product? This is why I ask.

I know there was mention of having an iPad version, is this still in the works and if so will you be able to sync your notes back and forth to each device? IE complete something and mark it off on the iPad and then it syncs with your iPhone and it marks it off the iPhone as well?

Thanks
The data isn't stored in a way that would be readable by other applications.

What other product would you want the data in (to run reports, as you mentioned)? I see that Excel supports a simple XML format... I could potentially export data in that format if that's what you had in mind. (although, it would be a low priority right now)

I am still planning an iPad version, which will come after I get syncing in place.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:51 AM   #129
rhett7660
macrumors 604
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari1356 View Post
I'm glad you still find it useful. The ability to add images to notes is something I have thought about, along with maps and sound recordings... but with the way data is currently saved in Paperless it wouldn't be that feasible.

So, at some point I either need to change that (which I may need to do to implement syncing anyways), or build a new app that can handle those things.

I haven't decided what to do yet though, and either way I wouldn't be abandoning Paperless. I'll know more after I explore syncing with Dropbox further (since that will guide how I change the way data is saved, plus I'll have a better idea of how much data is reasonable to transfer wirelessly while syncing).




The data isn't stored in a way that would be readable by other applications.

What other product would you want the data in (to run reports, as you mentioned)? I see that Excel supports a simple XML format... I could potentially export data in that format if that's what you had in mind. (although, it would be a low priority right now)

I am still planning an iPad version, which will come after I get syncing in place.
If I could get the data in an xml file that would be great. I am thinking along the lines for work to keep track of my notes and then being able to sort and track them in a database that I can import them into. Almost like a sudo project management program for my thoughts and notes on a project. I am in the field a lot and this would be a good way to keep track of what I need to get done and if there is a note that I attach to the task I want to be able to sort and filter those notes.

I was just curious if this was possible.
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:21 AM   #130
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030
 
CylonGlitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Just picked this up, the email feature seems to be what I need. My wife and I are always trying to stay in sync. Yes this isn't perfect, but at least it is a step in the right direction. Being able to email her my list for XYZ store would be good, maybe good enough.
__________________
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:45 PM   #131
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Paperless 1.4 is now available in the app store. I've had the price at $0.99 for far too long now, so grab it before I raise it back up.

If you're completely broke and need something free to play with, here's a dashboard widget for Mac OS X called "Calculon" I made a long time ago.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:25 AM   #132
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Paperless 2.0 is finished, and I'll be submitting the update to the app store today. The biggest new features are:

- a proper full screen interface when run on an iPad (it's a "universal" app)

- automatic backup and syncing between devices via a free Dropbox account

Lots more info and screenshots in this blog post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paperless2_ipad_l2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	298739   Click image for larger version

Name:	theme_paperless.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	298740  
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:07 PM   #133
rhett7660
macrumors 604
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
Great news! Thanks for the update.
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"

Last edited by rhett7660; Feb 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM.
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:18 PM   #134
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Version 2 was just released (it's showing in the app store for me now, but may not have propagated everywhere yet).

Appshopper.com's Marianne Schultz has the exclusive preview!

This is a free update for existing users, and makes the app "universal" so that it has a proper full screen interface when run on an iPad - plus automatic backup and syncing via Dropbox and other new features.

More info is available on the new website, and the aforementioned blog post.

Thanks, more to come.

Last edited by atari1356; Aug 19, 2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added link to Appshopper's review :)
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:16 AM   #135
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
For those of you with a shiny new iPhone 4S, here's how to use Siri's dictation feature to quickly add new items to a list in Paperless:

http://blog.crushapps.com/2011/10/di...the-iphone-4s/

UPDATE: I wrote a second blog post, "More Fun With Siri Dictation", with a bunch of other commands to use when using Siri dictation, and you can download it as a list into Paperless if you want.


Last edited by atari1356; Oct 15, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:24 PM   #136
jjk454ss
macrumors 68030
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I'm looking for a way to have a ToDo list that shows up in Notification Center. Is there a way to have Paperless display a list of items, or a ToDo list in Notification Center?
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 08:06 AM   #137
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
I'm looking for a way to have a ToDo list that shows up in Notification Center. Is there a way to have Paperless display a list of items, or a ToDo list in Notification Center?
Since Paperless doesn't currently have notifications, it can't do that... but I like the idea and will look into it. Thanks (again) for the useful feedback.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 08:11 AM   #138
jjk454ss
macrumors 68030
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari1356 View Post
Since Paperless doesn't currently have notifications, it can't do that... but I like the idea and will look into it. Thanks (again) for the useful feedback.
Thanks. I was thinking it would have to have notifications to work. But maybe if there was an option to have certain lists that would have a notification anytime you added something to it? I just like the idea of swiping open the Notification Center and seeing my ToDi list.
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 08:49 AM   #139
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
Thanks. I was thinking it would have to have notifications to work. But maybe if there was an option to have certain lists that would have a notification anytime you added something to it? I just like the idea of swiping open the Notification Center and seeing my ToDi list.
That would tie in well with the way the number badge system currently works. I'll need to do some research/experimentation though, as I'm not sure if there would be a clean way to update the notifications after you modified a list item, or put them in a different order.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 08:38 PM   #140
jjk454ss
macrumors 68030
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari1356 View Post
That would tie in well with the way the number badge system currently works. I'll need to do some research/experimentation though, as I'm not sure if there would be a clean way to update the notifications after you modified a list item, or put them in a different order.
Thanks for always keeping our ideas in mind, that's why I love this app.
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 07:02 PM   #141
jjk454ss
macrumors 68030
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari1356 View Post
That would tie in well with the way the number badge system currently works. I'll need to do some research/experimentation though, as I'm not sure if there would be a clean way to update the notifications after you modified a list item, or put them in a different order.
Not sure if this is a good option, or even an option at all, but I just saw this app that seems to be able to add items to your Notification Center in the same manner that I was thinking. Just thought you may be interested in checking it out:

App Switcher
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id480240316
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:39 PM   #142
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Just wanted to drop a note here and mention that today Paperless will reach $100,000 in revenue, since it was first released in March 2010. That's with over 60,000 paid sales, and over 146,000 downloads of the free version.

I've written a little more about that in this blog post.

I know that much of Paperless' success has stemmed from MacRumors forum members checking it out, and I really appreciate it.
atari1356 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 01:53 PM   #143
jjk454ss
macrumors 68030
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari1356 View Post
Just wanted to drop a note here and mention that today Paperless will reach $100,000 in revenue, since it was first released in March 2010. That's with over 60,000 paid sales, and over 146,000 downloads of the free version.

I've written a little more about that in this blog post.

I know that much of Paperless' success has stemmed from MacRumors forum members checking it out, and I really appreciate it.
Thats awesome. Congrats.

Now we need a good way for Paperless to show your lists in the Notification Center.
jjk454ss is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2012, 01:33 AM   #144
maeyo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sunny Southern Cal
Awesome App.

Got the Lite version yesterday and the full version today after DAYS of researching To-do Lists! Yay! I'm using it for a To-Do list AND to Keep track of the workflow I follow for each of our clients. It works perfectly for that, although I'd love to have the ability to have sub-tasks AND be able to use it on my laptop or desktop. Other than that ... I can't imagine any other features that it needs. Well, maybe if it did laundry and made dinner that would be awesome!

Thanks again for you app!

Maeyo
maeyo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:44 PM   #145
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Paperless is on sale for just $0.99 this weekend only, and is currently ranked the number 4 Productivity app in the App Store in the U.S.!

In addition, my other app Scout Camera is absolutely FREE this weekend only.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:30 AM   #146
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Paperless 2.1 has been released, full details are available here.
  • added the ability to select multiple lists to merge or delete
  • added the ability to select multiple list items to move/copy/delete
  • now includes over 450 icons, with many new ones that were requested by people like you
  • support for adding an item or list via a URL scheme
  • added style sheets to the XML files that Paperless writes to Dropbox when syncing - so, if you view a list from the Dropbox website it will be in a nice readable and printable format
  • added an option to show lists that need to be synced in red text (may be useful for troubleshooting syncing issues caused by a poor wifi/cellular connection)
  • improved search (if you search starting from the main screen, that search term is carried over into the list view)
  • when using the "Import Items" feature, unnecessary dashes/bullet points are now removed
  • new lists are now added to the top
  • fixed a rare problem on an iPad where the main screen of lists could be shown partially offscreen
  • many other small improvements and bug fixes.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:22 PM   #147
rhett7660
macrumors 604
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
Glad to see you are still updating this and congrats on the downloads and revenue!!!!!!
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"

Last edited by rhett7660; Feb 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM.
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:31 AM   #148
pickaxe
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
My main problem with this app vs, say, Pocket Lists, is that there is no way to make indented lists (where some items are "daughter-items" of other items)

Add this option please...
pickaxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:43 AM   #149
atari1356
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Paperless 2.2 has been released with an all new design for iOS 7, plus the ability to print lists, post lists to Facebook, send lists via iMessage and more. Here are the details.


Thumb resize.
atari1356 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
App that verbally says greeting, mail messages, etc.? chrispvoll Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Mar 8, 2011 01:37 PM
SALE: WiiPhoto app now $0.99 - Watch photos on your TV via your Wii console Galarina iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Feb 17, 2011 11:48 AM
Monolingual: incredibly useful app! broncopde Mac Applications and Mac App Store 6 Jul 11, 2008 04:21 AM
Apple tech support guy says don't run MacBook on your lap. stoavio Buying Tips and Advice 41 Jun 10, 2006 05:36 PM
White spots on your LCD? Sign this petition. nit_etc Macintosh Computers 4 Oct 13, 2003 09:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC