Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daturametal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
long beach
query this: i really have problems with microsoft/anything on my mac. every powerpoint presentation i have prepared (saving separate versions, pre-cloud) has crashed, usually the day of pressentation and/or during (much better!) ... anyhow, i did away with word, and was just getting ready to purchase keynote to convert some powerpoints from class, and i aaw a link for iwork and thought.....hmmmm....at what point is it cost advantageous to just to ahead and buy the iwork.....it would be somewhat duplicative (since i have pages), but is it a break even/lose money or 50/50 type of transaction? (please help me and just do the math!!) anyhow, keynote is presently on sale for $19.99, f.y.i., so let me know what you think. this is my first thread, certainly not my first visit and i originally bought my first mac as a counter to re-buying a pc after losing all to the ie virus about 4-5 years ago. it was nasty and quite painful. i am from baltimore, originally, and still hate the indianapolis colts and quite frankly, always will...we just don't forget.....anyhow, i like the forum and learn a lot and that's all folks!!
:apple:

(from dr. seuss):
"i meant what i said
and i said what i meant. . .
an elephant's faithful,
one hundred percent. . .."

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I am a bit....

confused. If you want to erase all the traces of Microsoft/Office, maybe you will be good served with the full iWork. If only need Keynote to deal with the PowerPoint presentations that you have, buy only Keynote. I personally choose only to buy what I need, unless I can get a BIG (and I mean 35% or something like that) discount in a full-fledged solution, over a specific piece of software for a especific use.

:):apple:

jacodb

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
The only way to buy iWork is to buy all 3 apps seperately on the App store. Apple did away with boxed versions so there is no way to buy all 3 apps at once. Buying the seperately comes in at exactly the same price as the boxed version used to cost, only now you buy what you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.