Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:38 PM   #26
smileyface
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Awesome. Can I see that memo Apple sent you confirming that?
Of course I am only speculating but it doesn't make sense they would release a 128gb ipad4 and then less than a month later bring out the ipad5.

It could be possible though.They would then drop the ipad2 but keep the ipad4 as the cheaper model.
smileyface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:30 PM   #27
shopboy0301
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
If ipad 5....

Whether they will release a march or fall ipad 5 with a 128 gb storage ill buy it
shopboy0301 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:57 AM   #28
tmarks11
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNixon View Post
...I've never used more than 16GB of data. I realize there are some people who will use more than 16GB of data, but those people can also get away with 16GB by consolidating their data, very easily.
Why is it that some people insist on dictating that the world must live by their terms?

"Good enough for me, so it is good enough for everyone".

Different people have different usage models. 2 or 3 other people have already spoken in this thread about how they need more. Got it, you don't, but that doesn't mean they don't.

Remember the 80s? There were some kids who spent hours making the "perfect" mix tape, rather then carrying around a box of cassettes in their car. Most people DIDN'T want to make mix tapes. Just like a lot of people DON'T want to spend hours dragging stuff back and forth to their ipad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp27 View Post
I want 1000 movies in my bag.
Goflex satellite or similar external, wifi enabled drive? Yes, it is the PIA, but it is a solution that exists today instead of waiting for the 2TB ipad to come out (Ipad 35 by my calculation).
tmarks11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 07:30 AM   #29
EthanNixon
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
Why is it that some people insist on dictating that the world must live by their terms?

"Good enough for me, so it is good enough for everyone".

Different people have different usage models. 2 or 3 other people have already spoken in this thread about how they need more. Got it, you don't, but that doesn't mean they don't.

Remember the 80s? There were some kids who spent hours making the "perfect" mix tape, rather then carrying around a box of cassettes in their car. Most people DIDN'T want to make mix tapes. Just like a lot of people DON'T want to spend hours dragging stuff back and forth to their ipad.


Goflex satellite or similar external, wifi enabled drive? Yes, it is the PIA, but it is a solution that exists today instead of waiting for the 2TB ipad to come out (Ipad 35 by my calculation).
Right, I totally said that everyone in the world should use 16GB iPads because it works for me.

What I actually said, was that those people who "claim" to need more storage will never consume all of their content at one time, it's impossible.

I could care less if people buy what I don't have, I still have a BlackBerry, and it's good enough for me. Going by your logic, it should be good enough for you, right?

Internet.
__________________
BlackBerry 9900
www.FRAGBOSS.com
EthanNixon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 09:28 PM   #30
baypharm
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
I can't even fill up my 16GB because i use it as a Tablet, not Laptop.
Perhaps in your case, but I know people in healthcare who use these things and 64gb is nowhere near what they need or want in a tablet. Yes I know there are portable drives but that just takes away from the portability of having one tablet to perform your work needs.
baypharm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:01 PM   #31
midwestfisherma
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by preyan View Post
Unless I missed something? So this is the next generation...just with memory? Does that even count as a new generation? Is so, it's a massive fail for me!
yes that's all your getting and you'll like it mister!
midwestfisherma is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:43 AM   #32
mobiletech
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
It will be more then memory and a slimmer design. It is rumoured to have a system on a chip and an Igzo display.
mobiletech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:36 AM   #33
rcp27
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNixon View Post
When you watch all of those 1000 movies on your "trip", let me know. I've owned every iPad, and some of its competitors, and I've never used more than 16GB of data. I realize there are some people who will use more than 16GB of data, but those people can also get away with 16GB by consolidating their data, very easily.
When you listen to all of those 1000 songs on your "trip", let me know. I've owned a 32 MB mp3 player, and I've never used more than 32 MB of storage on it. I realise there are some people who will use more than 32 MB of data, but those people can get away with 32 MB by consolidating their data, very easily.

In the period after 2001, the market demonstrated that people *really* didn't like this idea for music. If they didn't like it for music, why would they like it for movies?
rcp27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:26 PM   #34
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by preyan View Post
Unless I missed something? So this is the next generation...just with memory? Does that even count as a new generation? Is so, it's a massive fail for me!
You missed nothing as there are no spec releases yet. Nobody knows, but I think anyone who has a brain can conclude that the next iPad will have more than a memory increase. What do you mean memory? Capacity?? This is as stupid as people saying the next iPad will be delayed because Apple released a 128GB model recently. Again, unbelievable....are members here getting dumber by the day? The amount of idiotic threads being started is truly ridiculous (UK meaning)!
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:30 PM   #35
frosse
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
You missed nothing as there are no spec releases yet. Nobody knows, but I think anyone who has a brain can conclude that the next iPad will have more than a memory increase. What do you mean memory? Capacity?? This is as stupid as people saying the next iPad will be delayed because Apple released a 128GB model recently. Again, unbelievable....are members here getting dumber by the day? The amount of idiotic threads being started is truly ridiculous (UK meaning)!
Care to explain why you think this is stupid?
__________________
I'm a Swede. From Sweden. Yepp that's right, Sweden as in the country where polar bears walk the streets and there are only hot blonde girls running around naked in the streets. Sweden ≠ Switzerland.
frosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:32 PM   #36
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface View Post
Of course I am only speculating but it doesn't make sense they would release a 128gb ipad4 and then less than a month later bring out the ipad5.

It could be possible though.They would then drop the ipad2 but keep the ipad4 as the cheaper model.
Why not? 128GB only involves adding two 64GB flash chips in the same place where there were two 32GB flash chips. Very simple to change at this stage of production. It's a chance for Apple to sell more of this iPad before the new one comes to those who want (think they need) 128GB.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosse View Post
Care to explain why you think this is stupid?
See the post below! (Or above) 128 was and is a marketing technique to squeeze some more profit out of this design, targeting the consumers who always longed for 128GB - gives them an incentive to buy an iPad, where perhaps previously they would not have.
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?

Last edited by maflynn; Mar 1, 2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Removed insult
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:03 PM   #37
frosse
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
Why not? 128GB only involves adding two 64GB flash chips in the same place where there were two 32GB flash chips. Very simple to change at this stage of production. It's a chance for Apple to sell more of this iPad before the new one comes to those who want (think they need) 128GB.

----------



See the post below! (Or above) 128 was and is a marketing technique to squeeze some more profit out of this design, targeting the consumers who always longed for 128GB - gives them an incentive to buy an iPad, where perhaps previously they would not have.
Why not just wait with the 128GB announcement until March, announce it at the same time as iPad 5 and discontinue iPad 2? Don't really buy the fact that they'd want to squeeze money out of people for a month or so...
__________________
I'm a Swede. From Sweden. Yepp that's right, Sweden as in the country where polar bears walk the streets and there are only hot blonde girls running around naked in the streets. Sweden ≠ Switzerland.

Last edited by maflynn; Mar 1, 2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Removed insult from quoted post
frosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:19 PM   #38
Photogdave
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I have a Mini. I know the 16 I have is NOT enough ....for me. It's just fine for most things.
But I like to make hd movies in iMovie with it.
Problem is, by the time I have all apps I like, then add the video to iPad to be edited, there's barely enough render room.
I could really make use of 64 or 128.
But I can't afford it. I sold a google nexus 7 32gb cause it SUCKED!!!!
But the only thing it had over my mini was storage.
I'd love apple to offer a 32 at current 16 price
I'm waiting on buy a second mini
This thing is so loved in my house I can't get any play with it.
But I'm waiting to see if a mini 2nd gen is offered soon with maybe A6X, more RAM and retina. I'd like at least a 32 in that.
It's amazing what my current mini and iPhone 5 can do as far as rendering hd video.
I remember about 5yrs ago you needed a hell of a desktop to do it.
My phone is faster at it than the mini, but I like the big screen.
Photogdave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:27 PM   #39
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosse View Post
Why not just wait with the 128GB announcement until March, announce it at the same time as iPad 5 and discontinue iPad 2? Don't really buy the fact that they'd want to squeeze money out of people for a month or so...
...because in March nobody will want a 4 anymore. In business, especially for Apple, one month is a long time. Plus, the 128GB might increase lower sales for the 4 (due to the Mini) too.
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:11 AM   #40
frosse
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
...because in March nobody will want a 4 anymore. In business, especially for Apple, one month is a long time. Plus, the 128GB might increase lower sales for the 4 (due to the Mini) too.
I don't know who u are or what u do but no, a month is not a lot of time for a product, especially not one in the Decline stage.
frosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:53 AM   #41
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosse View Post
I don't know who u are or what u do but no, a month is not a lot of time for a product, especially not one in the Decline stage.
It's enough time to sell 128gb versions to those who want them....
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC