Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Is it possible to close whatever app you're in without having to back out all the way to the home screen? Say I have a website and I clicked several links in it, if I want to close it I'll have to press back and it'll take me back through the pages until it exists the browser. Alternatively I could look at the open tabs and close that tab the press back to get back to the home screen but I'm looking for a faster way and the browser was just an example.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Any ideas if I can use the HTC app on the lock screen to display the weather stats without the actual weather as the background? I'd prefer to use my own wallpaper. These small things make me wonder if the people behind WP8 and these apps actually put much time into their work or not. Doesn't seem like it.

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Weather flow can do that. Not HTC though.
Any ideas if I can use the HTC app on the lock screen to display the weather stats without the actual weather as the background? I'd prefer to use my own wallpaper. These small things make me wonder if the people behind WP8 and these apps actually put much time into their work or not. Doesn't seem like it.

Sent from my 8X using Board Express

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Has anybody found a way to view PDFs on WP8 yet? I downloaded the App by Microsoft, "PDF Reader", but once you download a PDF it doesnt let you delete it! I mean, how could they have possibly forgotten to program in a delete function? I have to a view atleast 1 new PDF a day, and it isnt feasible to end up with a giant folder full of old PDFs I dont need, cluttering up the place.

Baffling. Apart frm that, I really do love the phone. But damn, this is annoying.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Anyone else having both doubletwist and windows phone desktop issues. Windows desktop crashes as soon as i connect an 8X and doubletwist simply won't recognise the phone.

Any ideas or is windows explorer my only recourse?

Edit: Figures, unless you have a GS4 or other type of Android slab you're out of luck getting help here.

Last edited:

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Anyone else having both doubletwist and windows phone desktop issues. Windows desktop crashes as soon as i connect an 8X and doubletwist simply won't recognise the phone.

Edit: Figures, unless you have a GS4 or other type of Android slab you're out of luck getting help here.

Windows Media Player sync or reinstall the WP desktop app

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Sorry, I sold my 8X a while ago :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.