Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Apr 7, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1
TresMusical1020
macrumors newbie

No good apps to create music on?!

Okay, so I am a music fan. I AM NOT KIDDING! I only like Christian music, though. I like Christian Rap, Christian Pop, and Christian Hip Hop. I was looking in the appstore for a good song creator app, and they either were paid apps, or they were free but didn't have the full idea of creating a song. Can anyone help me on getting a free well-working song creating app for iPod touch from the appstore?
TresMusical1020 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
Quote:
Originally Posted by TresMusical1020 View Post
Okay, so I am a music fan. I AM NOT KIDDING! I only like Christian music, though. I like Christian Rap, Christian Pop, and Christian Hip Hop. I was looking in the appstore for a good song creator app, and they either were paid apps, or they were free but didn't have the full idea of creating a song. Can anyone help me on getting a free well-working song creating app for iPod touch from the appstore?
christian rap? yo yo my homeboy jesus like recess puffs and hes tough gotta get my new leather shoes buffed
Old Apr 9, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

Why don't you man up & pay for your christian rap . . . the way everybody else does.
likethesoup2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

Sadly their probably wouldn't be many free apps for the specific task you are trying to do. I'm not sure if garage band ($5) would solve what you nee, I'd check out some reviews in it however. Good luck.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 02:16 AM   #5
caramelpolice
macrumors member

There's tons of fantastic software for iOS to make music with, but most of it's paid. If you want quality software, you should be willing to pay for it.
caramelpolice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 01:15 AM   #6
ipsychedelic
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelpolice View Post
There's tons of fantastic software for iOS to make music with, but most of it's paid. If you want quality software, you should be willing to pay for it.
Indeed.

And it's hard to understand what you mean by "song creator app" or "full idea of creating a song".
Unless you're just mixing or sampling, then you would want a DAW and ideally a music interface (either native or via the CCK) so you can record from a guitar, mic, send MIDI and so on.
Since you're on an iPod Touch, the CCK is out and so you'd need a "native interface" aka something that uses the 30-pin/lighting port.

A good cheapo starter kit would be Garageband, a couple FX apps (maybe even a synth) and audiobus. But it's not gonna be dirty cheap.

There are some good reference blogs like this one or this one .
ipsychedelic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 05:17 PM   #7
tonyr6
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresMusical1020 View Post
Glad someone likes christian music. Better than the mainstream potty mouth sellout artists out now. Christan music rocks.

As for apps it I would think that they will not be very powerful. You are better using a program for the PC or Mac depending on what you have however the software might be expensive.
tonyr6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:35 PM   #8
DjElfo
macrumors newbie

You say you are a music fan but then you say the only music you like is Christian. Not much of a music fan then are you? And, IMO, you can hardly call Christian music, music at all. Its so generic and uncreative its worse than todays mainstream garbage.

But yeah, if you want decent music creation software, you're going to have to pay for it.
DjElfo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch