Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
As said above, sometimes you have to break a few rules for clarity. You don't want to be 100% grammatically correct, but lose the customer as they're focusing on one word that looks odd rather than the overall message.

"Think Different" is arguably incorrect too, could be Think Differently, or Think of "Different". But neither of those has the same impact.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Working a bit in advertising, having things grammatically and syntactically correct language is very important. But what's more important is using language people understand - and we see it all over. All you have to do is just think a little... different.

macuser453787

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2012
Galatians 3:13-14

Are you being serious? He spelled it as "It's" in his post.

----------

Okay so who prefers the curvy, cool-looking apostrophe (the kind you get when you use smart quotes) over the stock, regular, boring-looking, never-looks-like-it-belongs-in-the-word, angled apostrophe? Ooo! Ooo! I do! Me! Me! :)

expertbeginner

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
I am now pretty convinced that it is wrong as an apostrophe (') denotes belonging or a missing letter, in which 'no' does not have, it is plural.

The plural of no is noes. According to the above rule - remove the 'e' and replace with apostrophe then it becomes no's.

You'd answered your own question, if only you'd realised it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.