Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 10, 2012, 10:57 AM   #101
antster94
macrumors 6502a

I just acquired it for free. Lol at $2k software.

antster94 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 11:05 AM   #102
dbit
macrumors regular

Can anyone answer my question? Minimum RAM is listed as 4gigs. In a more detailed program breakdown I saw that certain apps have different minimum ram requirements, such as After Effects being 4gigs. Does this mean if I want to use it on the go with my old MBP that only supports 3 gigs I'm out of luck?
dbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 11:19 AM   #103
Digital Skunk
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbit View Post
Can anyone answer my question? Minimum RAM is listed as 4gigs. In a more detailed program breakdown I saw that certain apps have different minimum ram requirements, such as After Effects being 4gigs. Does this mean if I want to use it on the go with my old MBP that only supports 3 gigs I'm out of luck?
You'll be okay, but your performance will certainly lag. Since AE is going to want to use at least 4GBs, and you only have 3GBs available and your OS and any other apps are going to be using some, AE won't be anywhere near as smooth as you want it to be.

Certain apps may not run, or will flash a warning before it fully loads.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:45 AM   #104
GaryMumford
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbit View Post
I'm running CS6 on an 2007 iMac that also has a maximum of 3gig Ram and it's running fine so far. The performance is not as good as my MacPro at work of course but i've not had any warnings, crashes or problems at all. But i have not even tried AE as I never use it. DW PS AI ID are all OK so far.
GaryMumford is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 10:27 AM   #105
sweetie81
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to sweetie81
Yes get as much memory as possible. 8Gb at least. I use Lightroom and Photoshop at the same time with 4GB and it runs out of steam. That being said Photoshop has standard memory size allocated to itself.

I could go down but need some speed and memory performance in order to juggle with multiple layers etc.
sweetie81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion