Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1
okwhatev
macrumors regular

iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 CDMA iPhone 4S/5 unlock solution

http://www.isamsim.com/samsim/show_detail.asp?id=14

Great news for the folks with a Sprint/Verizon/Virgin/Cricket iPhone 4S or Sprint or Cricket iPhone 5 locked to a CDMA carrier who would like to switch to a cheaper GSM prepaid plan like Straight Talk but couldn't because of the various restrictions on the baseband. Previously, this trick worked with all iPhone 4S models with the CDMA Geavy SIM but only with 5.1.1

This is the very first solution I know of to fully unlock your phone's baseband on iOS 6, and it works once again with all iPhone 4S models as well as with the iPhone 5 Sprint or Cricket models or the AT&T model for tmobile (the Verizon model is already unlocked in the US). Great news and more choices for all!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:23 AM   #2
1080p
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by okwhatev View Post
http://www.isamsim.com/samsim/show_detail.asp?id=14

Great news for the folks with a Sprint/Verizon/Virgin/Cricket iPhone 4S or Sprint or Cricket iPhone 5 locked to a CDMA carrier who would like to switch to a cheaper GSM prepaid plan like Straight Talk but couldn't because of the various restrictions on the baseband. Previously, this trick worked with all iPhone 4S models with the CDMA Geavy SIM but only with 5.1.1

This is the very first solution I know of to fully unlock your phone's baseband on iOS 6, and it works once again with all iPhone 4S models as well as with the iPhone 5 Sprint or Cricket models or the AT&T model for tmobile (the Verizon model is already unlocked in the US). Great news and more choices for all!
Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked out of the box.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:16 AM   #3
okwhatev
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
Duh... I mentioned that. Not everyone has the Verizon model!

----------

By the way I don't endorse this product or anything, but I'd sure love it if somebody bought one of these and played with it to see how well it works! C'mon, who's it gonna be?

Last edited by okwhatev; Jan 24, 2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
okwhatev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:24 AM   #4
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
He said it is in his post.
aphexacid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:49 AM   #5
okwhatev
macrumors regular

Oh, what am I saying... I'm sure it's gonna be me who buys one to test it.

I'm going to wait until 6.1 is released though to make sure this will work with it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:46 AM   #6
7thson
macrumors 6502

Does the Rsim7 replace the carrier sim or does it get ejected once it's done it's job of unlocking? I can't help sound like a noob, all I've ever used are CDMA phones. This sounds promising, especially now that "the man" has come down on unofficial unlocks.
7thson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:31 AM   #7
okwhatev
macrumors regular

Yeah, Geavey SIMs work by your SIM card resting on TOP of an extremely thin SIM card sized motherboard, effectively getting between the SIM card, and SIM card contacts inside the phone. Technically, since it's not an "official" unlock, it's not violating any laws. Also because it's not a hardware modification (the motherboard and your SIM card sit in a custom made sim tray which slides into your iPhone) it doesn't void your warrenty at all.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:15 AM   #8
7thson
macrumors 6502

Sounds good. If page plus kicks my iPhone out of their system this might be the way use my 4s on straight talk. Thanks for the heads up.
7thson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone