Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Aug 16, 2013, 03:52 AM   #176
Fishticks
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdParker View Post
Seems like you don't have an answer as I suspected.

The right to privacy issue is a topic worth talking about, I just don't think some people have reasonable expectation as to what transparency is when you belong to a large organization. s

----------

Wow...you don't know what was said, so you assume the worst.

If you want to be part of the discussion, then become a US citizen and run for office or run a multi-billion dollar company.
As you're not running for office nor a billion dollar company, by your own standards, you should just shut up.
Fishticks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 01:19 PM   #177
KdParker
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishticks View Post
As you're not running for office nor a billion dollar company, by your own standards, you should just shut up.
Umm...not sure what your point is if any.

But you should really follow the thread before you comment, so you can make and intelligent response.

If I recall the a last thing I asked you was why you though a comment was irresponsible....do you have an answer for that?
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:04 AM   #178
scoobydoo99
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthorim View Post
That's too cynical a view. Apple actually really has an interest in keeping customer data confidential - it's good for the customers, and so it's also good for Apple.

Even more true for Google and Amazon and their cloud platforms. While Google doesn't want privacy nearly as much as Apple - after all their business is to sell their users to advertisers - they still must have an interest in keeping their cloud servers free from government surveillance.
You're confusing the corporate MESSAGE" (i.e. marketing) with their actual DESIRES. To say that keeping customer information confidential is "good for the customers, and so it's also good for Apple" doesn't seem reasonable. It's good for customers to THINK that Apple keeps thier data confidential. But that's all. They can make much more money and get much more government support by actually DOING the opposite. Of course, they will continue to publically espouse customer privacy as a priority.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues