Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I used to have the playlists on the left, and all my music on my right, then I could scroll through my music and drag-and-drop single or multiple selections from my complete music library to a manual playlist. Easy!

Now, I can't figure out how to see my playlists and all my music at the same time. Sure, I could just see my music from the music view, select, right-click, then add to playlists, but this is more cumbersome than drag-and-drop. Plus, with the old way, it was one-click simple to review the playlist then go back into the complete music library. iTunes 11 is more complex. You can be in "songs" then click playlists, then click the list you want, then back to songs. It's another layer.

It just seems that it's now harder to manage my music in 11. It might be easier to review it/see it/play it, but harder to manage it into playlists.

Or am I missing something?

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
As soon as you start to drag a song/album, the sidebar shows up on the right side and lists your playlists.

Alternatively, you can select "show sidebar" (on my Win7 PC, I have to first enable the menu bar, then select view > show sidebar) and it will look just like the previous iTunes with libraries/store/devices/playlists shown on the left side of your music

triptolemus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
Click on Playlists

Select the playlist you wish to edit/add to

Click Add To... on top right, music shows up on left, playlist on right.

Does this get you close to where you want to be?

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Thanks much! I knew I was just missing it. view-sidebar did the trick, though the other helps are also good, and might be something to explore.

PaperQueen

macrumors 6502
But....it removes songs from Match?

My problem is similar, in that my playlists appear to be stripped bare since upgrading to iTunes 11. When I try to add a song to a playlist:

1. Right Click the song
2. In the popup menu, Add to Playlist > select Playlist

Then, I get a meesage saying that if I move the song to a Playlist, it will be removed from Match...?

Any idea what the heck that's about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.