Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
When choosing an address for an order I was making through PayPal, I noticed an odd address linked to the name: delivery, electronic .
The address was:
Electronic delivery 7000 Marina Blvd Brisbane,*CA*94005 United States

Thinking that somehow somebody got my password and bought something with my account, sending it there, I quickly checked my PayPal transaction history. Nothing out of the ordinary. I figured I should Google search the address and it turns out it belongs to Walmart. To add an address to a list of addresses that can be shipped to, wouldn't somebody associated with Walmart had to have logged into my PayPal account and added the suspicious address? There's no way to add an address that can be shipped to without logging into an account. I've purchased a few things from Walmart with my PayPal account in the past, so they could have a cookie or something in place that steals your PayPal information for odd reasons.

Odd, but nothing to worry about, sort of. I wouldn't like to think that Walmart is stealing PayPal account information, and it doesn't make sense why that address was added to my list of addresses that I'd like something shipped to.

Last edited:

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
It goes without saying that you won't get any help from PayPal support (sic) on this question. I'd recommend that you change your account password pronto (if you haven't already) but otherwise let it go.

BCook

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
It is a scam and identity theft. I hope you took it seriously. That same thing happened to me yesterday. Except for me they made one withdrawal of $70 and an luckily I have it set up to send me emails when I make purchases. They had somehow added
Shipping Address:
delivery, electronic
Electronic delivery
7000 Marina Blvd
Brisbane, CA 94005
United States
into my list of alternate addresses. I have never made purchases to Walmart through my Paypal. There should have been no reason that address was there. So I got online with PayPal support and while online with support this Walmart.com made another withdrawal from my account for $70. PayPal fixed everything right away and my account got secured again, but why or how it happened will probably never be explained. You may have just gotten lucky and who ever is doing it just hadn't done anything yet. I would defiantly recommend resetting passwords often and making sure you have it set up to email you when you make a purchase. People get there email on there phones now. So it's easier to be quick and react when someone's stealing your money and identity. It may have only been $140, but who's it say it would of stopped there. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Did you guys set up Amex Bluebird by any chance? I just opened an account and when I linked it to my other bank account they gave me the option of having a normal account confirmation or giving Amex my password so that they could login and confirm it. I chose the first option. Amex has a partnership with Walmart so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.